Why does the PowerAmp widget freeze sometimes?

jkidd16

Reaction score
This has happened with me on my previous Droid 2 Global and I thought It would get fixed when I got my Droid Razr Maxx, but it hasnt. They were both rooted and I did use Titanium Backup to freeze some bloatware. I dont know if it has anything to do with the problem. What happens is, the poweramp widget for some reason ends up freezing on my homescreen from time to time. If i had a screenshot I would post it but ill just try to be descriptive.

This is what happens:

The widget is on the homescreen. There is no album art pic or track info on the widget and all of the play/pause, forward, reverse, repeat, shuffle, music control buttons are all there but they are unusable. When I press on them, nothing happens. I just get small, short vibration and thats it. The entire widget is basically frozen. I'm not sure why that happens. I am not using a task manager to kill any apps so I know that is not the problem. This problem used to not happen when I got my droid 2 global, even when it was rooted and had bloatware removed so that can't be the problem either, but for some reason the problem started happening and has been happening ever since. Maybe the developer updated the application before and this problem happens because of that or something?

The only way to fix it is to create another poweramp widget and trash the old one. Its not that big of a problem but it's kind of annoying. Just wondering if there is a fix.
Is thing happening to anyone else?

William_04_x

Reaction score
Have you moved Poweramp to your SD card? If so, you need to install "Standard widget pack" by Max MP from the PS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums