Why does the apps to SD card programs not work with the Maxx HD?

nmscuba

Reaction score
I have tried several apps to sd card programs and none of them work with my phone. I have the internal 32 gig and an external 32 gig card but none of the progams will more any of the apps to the external card? Whats everyone else doing?

jhuntin

Reaction score
I have tried several apps to sd card programs and none of them work with my phone. I have the internal 32 gig and an external 32 gig card but none of the progams will more any of the apps to the external card? Whats everyone else doing?

I don't know if the HD is that much different from the original, but apps to sd were not supported on the Motorola razr maxx. I would think it would be the same for the HD.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Jelly Bean doesn't support the moving of apps to the SD card (and neither did ICS on some devices).

If you want to be able to move app data to the SD card, you'll have to root your phone.

OP
N

nmscuba

Reaction score
Jelly Bean doesn't support the moving of apps to the SD card (and neither did ICS on some devices).

If you want to be able to move app data to the SD card, you'll have to root your phone.

I have thought about doing that. I did it with my other phones but one of the things that made me nervous now is that when i scanned those other apps when I rooted my thunderbolt some of them showed up as viruses with actual virus names not suspected viruses.

I know I can just root the phone and not install anything but it just seems like why have an external memory slot if you can't tranfer apps to it.

Is the root only procedure for the Maxx HD on here? or do I need to go to XDA developers?