Why does safestrap 3.11 always copy on internal storage?

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
So I have the ota 4.1.2 jb and its running smooth on my new droid 4 I no bloated it very lightly ,wish I could totally debloat it but anyway ,
with safestrap 3.11 I set it on my external and did the back up on the external .Ok wonderful
every time I either connect mass storage and see what files are on there or add another file or reboot...
What happens is the external stays perfect and the back up is great on external but I get a duplicate 301 file of safestrap on internal which I have to always delete daily or when I do the above mentioned! Why , and why did they change the format ,granted the swipe cache and delvik are nice but that's it ,
The old original safestrap/bootstrap or clockwork had the up down volume key method ,that's not what mattered ,what was great was being able to go in to safe mode and having it confirm in in words!!!! you are in safe mode then you could feel fine with wiping data and loading a rom and didn't have to specify how much space ,well all of it stupid safestrap I want to runn all my games and apps on it and see how it performs not a partial .Oh and why can you not run games on your sd card the interface on an old lg ally was you want to download insert sd card and boom instant game on a junk class .5 series 10$ 32gig sd card none of this oh you need to run a command prompt and have a class 10 to have the game perform like it was on internal storage ? What why bother with the jb update every bit of music I straid downloaded to my external card thru the data connector is on there but also takes up space on my internal ? why ???? whats the point and with the so awesome droid ,s with 4g that say they have 16 gigs they only have about 7 to 8 available to use ! where on the droid 3 you had the same phone storage well 2gigs opposed to about 3 on the droid 4 but, you have 11.8 free internal storage what happened to the 3 missing gigs there isn't 3gigs of extra bloat cause I have even less programs on my droid 4 than on my droid 3 and iam bootstrapped running sd4800 with 280 songs only on the external sd no prolems and am using the same file manager on both astro the orrigina before the updaye I made sure to download a copy because I knew they would change it like safe strap and make it worse now with astro you cant see how much info your deleting before you say yes or cancel! and the format is just lame before on the original its all neat and organized and that's why I keep it plus it uses half the mb,s the updated one uses ... So I guess I have several ?s 1 can I have a functioning boot or safestrap that works like the old droid 3 bootstrap looked like ...
2 why does the droid 4 only have 7gigs of free space and it advertises 16gigs and please don't say back up assistance or the cloud omg
and 3 why did they make the new safstrap so lame to where there is no on and off safe mode just rom slots I mean honestly how many roms do you need to run at 1 time you still have to reboot now you just don't have to wipe data to switch ok swell . who cares if you only get 3gigs max and only have 7 gigs of storafe that's only 2 rms the same as you could run with the original safestap .. Am I the only 1 who see,s how pointless this is I mean come on options people you want fried rice every day no ! give up a droid 4 bootstrap I want a confirmed swap with stability and conformation .Thank You

GigaJake

Reaction score
Safestrap 3+ modifies your internal storage to use rom slots.

The old original safestrap/bootstrap or clockwork had the up down volume key method ,that's not what mattered ,what was great was being able to go in to safe mode and having it confirm in in words!!!!
Completely trivial

can I have a functioning boot or safestrap that works like the old droid 3 bootstrap looked like
All current roms are Kexec based, requiring Safestrap 3+. You cannot use Safestrap 2 or 1, so no. Any non kexec roms are designed for the ICS kernel, which if you've already upgraded your phone, you cannot use.

why does the droid 4 only have 7gigs of free space and it advertises 16gigs and please don't say back up assistance or the cloud omg
The Droid 4 has 8 gigs of internal storage, anything else has external. If it was advertised that way, it's probably in the fine print somewhere that it was expandable.

why did they make the new safstrap so lame to where there is no on and off safe mode just rom slots I mean honestly how many roms do you need to run at 1 time you still have to reboot now you just don't have to wipe data to switch ok swell
The new Safestrap is far superior to the old one. As long as you don't modify your stock slot, you're basically running the orginal safestrap with the choice of 4 custom roms instead of one. If you don't like Safestrap, please don't bash it. It's inconsiderate.

Am I the only 1 who see,s how pointless this is I mean come on options people you want fried rice every day no ! give up a droid 4 bootstrap I want a confirmed swap with stability and conformation
What does that even mean? Please stop posting.

smoysauce

Reaction score
Safestrap 3+ modifies your internal storage to use rom slots.

Completely trivial

All current roms are Kexec based, requiring Safestrap 3+. You cannot use Safestrap 2 or 1, so no. Any non kexec roms are designed for the ICS kernel, which if you've already upgraded your phone, you cannot use.

The Droid 4 has 8 gigs of internal storage, anything else has external. If it was advertised that way, it's probably in the fine print somewhere that it was expandable.

The new Safestrap is far superior to the old one. As long as you don't modify your stock slot, you're basically running the orginal safestrap with the choice of 4 custom roms instead of one. If you don't like Safestrap, please don't bash it. It's inconsiderate.

What does that even mean? Please stop posting.

Kudos to you for taking the time to break that rambling down and remaining so polite. Maybe now that they have answers they will stop posting!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
frabz-What-if-I-told-you-That-TLDR-is-a-resultant-of-not-creating-para-1ffdad.jpg

OP
S

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Thank You

Kudos to you for taking the time to break that rambling down and remaining so polite. Maybe now that they have answers they will stop posting!

Yes that makes sense somewhat but your still saying you can run 4 roms not if you want to have them all at 3gigs ?
See my point ,

anyway at least you made me feel better that it is safe and reliable to rom on , so just what ?
obviously after the rom selected is inserted in the external sd ,then just go to rom slot 1 or what the rom author slot wants it to be in and just swipe?

and then what ? back up or just go to reboot and will reboot ask you which Rom slot you which to reboot !!!!

see that's where iam hettin lost ? how does s.s know which rom to flash and reboot and why do you need to give it a size

and what does the sd partition do for u? Yea ok it seperates it but for what reason?

Look iam sorry if I disrespected your sacred hash code but iam am constantly repairing and flashing phones and fixing ones prople have brought to me and were just not following instructions and I see why because they are there but limited for any one who doest know what all the abreviations are for ....

look I get so many boot looped Phones and bricked ones, and yea most say is from rooting so iam just trying to figure out what,s best at keeping everyones phone in a great format of safestrp/or bootstrap ,

and be able to explain to them how to use it correctly and you seem to know how to

OP
S

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
Your wrong man and dont be an @ss

Fact open a droid 4 and go to storage it says on the top of system settings, storage " droid 4 16 gigs" and you I "said the droid 4 only comes with 8 gigs" WRONG ,and you don't have to be so cocky iam just looking for answers .

GigaJake

Reaction score
Edit: Rude post

I still don't like sikassdrummer through

OP
S

sikassdrummer

Reaction score
No 1 asked you to read them

Your not respectful and you are a rude stuck up prick strait out! I am sure in the real world no puts up with your attitude .Grow up !

BoingoInsanity

Reaction score
Yes that makes sense somewhat but your still saying you can run 4 roms not if you want to have them all at 3gigs ?

No, but the rom slots don't have to be 3gb, you can make them smaller, also SS is for many different phones, some of which have 32gb space, and they aren't going to make a special version for each phone.

after the rom selected is inserted in the external sd ,then just go to rom slot 1 or what the rom author slot wants it to be in and just swipe?

and then what ? back up or just go to reboot and will reboot ask you which Rom slot you which to reboot !!!!

Basically yes, you choose the rom slot you want and activate it, once it's activated, when you install a rom, wipe data, reboot, whatever, it will be for that specific rom slot, except for wiping the sd's, which will affect your data. Rebooting will not ask you which rom slot, it will choose the activated one until you go back into SS and activate a different slot.

how does s.s know which rom to flash and reboot and why do you need to give it a size

and what does the sd partition do for u? Yea ok it seperates it but for what reason?

SS knows which rom to flash and reboot because it chooses the Activated slot, you need to give it a size because it creates a separate partition within the internal SD card space. Once you create a rom slot and go back into the stock rom, you will see that the available space has been made smaller. It has to separate them in this manner so that they don't interfere with one another. Also the separate internal SD is so that you can keep your data while doing a factory reset, re-rom, etc... It also allows you to share data between installed roms. Also, some of the newer android apps prefer to store data on the sd card, vs the internal memory, such as Beautiful Widgets, which stores the skin files on SD, and if the SD is removed the app reverts to the stock skin, until the SD is reinserted. So having an internal SD allows you to use these apps out of the box without having to purchase a separate card.