Why Does My Zenfone Use So Much RAM?

Is that mean Asus Zenfone( 4GB) is worst than Asus Zenfone 2 (2GB)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
Hello im still new in this forum and im currently in need of help
before i state my problem my phone is Asus Zenfone 2 Z00AD (the one with 4GB ram)
My Problem is : why is my ram eating so much when it just started up and not opening any applications?it eat like 40-50% RAM without any APP
i tried with the clean master(APP from the factory) to boost ram but still not working and i tried any other app still not work
there is one game called "Digimon LinkZ" at first i thought it was normal to be a bit laggy then i checked my little brother's phone which is Asus Zenfone 2 (the one with 2GB Ram )
but he playing it so smoothly
then i think there must be something wrong with my phone i tried anything to speed up my phone still its not going anywhere
i also reflash reinstall my phone but still laggy

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
First off, stop trying to kill ram usage and here's why. Android, by nature, wants to fill ram up so when you start up things they're already in ram and give a snappier start up. When you kill ram with apps such a Clean Master, your phone will slow down partially because Android is trying to fill the ram back up plus those task killers often kill more than just apps and kill off services or apps that your phone needs running to be smooth and not become laggy. If Android needs more ram it'll close out stuff that is not being used without killing off services or other under the hood things that can cause the phone to act up.
Don't use Task Killers of any kind for best performance. CM is fine for residual junk cleaning and stuff like that but there really is no need to use it as a "ram booster" as that area is called in it.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
I

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
Welcome to the forum.
First off, stop trying to kill ram usage and here's why. Android, by nature, wants to fill ram up so when you start up things they're already in ram and give a snappier start up. When you kill ram with apps such a Clean Master, your phone will slow down partially because Android is trying to fill the ram back up plus those task killers often kill more than just apps and kill off services or apps that your phone needs running to be smooth and not become laggy. If Android needs more ram it'll close out stuff that is not being used without killing off services or other under the hood things that can cause the phone to act up.
Don't use Task Killers of any kind for best performance. CM is fine for residual junk cleaning and stuff like that but there really is no need to use it as a "ram booster" as that area is called in it.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
ah i see but that still not solving the problem
but it is quite nice piece of information
thank you so much

i think my phone run slower than my little brother's phone =="

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
ah i see but that still not solving the problem
but it is quite nice piece of information
thank you so much

i think my phone run slower than my little brother's phone =="
Have to do an apples to apples comparison.

Are you on the same Android version, same amount of apps installed,etc.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Your question seems apparent to me. Title changed....

OP
I

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
Have to do an apples to apples comparison.

Are you on the same Android version, same amount of apps installed,
Yes it is both are on lollipop
I tried the reset factory to my phone but now still the same right now at this moment my little bro's phone have more app than mine
Same type zenfone2 jst me that is 4gb ram,his ram is 2gb

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-50.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-40.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 231
  • Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-02-15-37-47.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 226

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes it is both are on lollipop
I tried the reset factory to my phone but now still the same right now at this moment my little bro's phone have more app than mine
Same type zenfone2 jst me that is 4gb ram,his ram is 2gb
Is he running Greenify ? In the same apps as you? I used to use Greenify but it slowed too much stuff down for me .
I'm not familiar with the processors on both phones but if one is running faster than the other doing the same task I don't think that's a ram issue but a processor issue, especially since you have twice the ram as he. An app such as Watch Dog Lite on each device will show what is processing on each and the percentage of processing power on each. This is usually better to use when researching battery drain issues since rogue cpu usage causes unwanted battery drain but in your case it could be used to see if yours is running something in the background that his isn't, robbing you of processing power.
Most of those in your screen shots are running background do though in ram they are using 0 cpu, thus not slowing anything down or using any battery. They're just idle.
If your phones have Power Saver mode make sure both are set to off. One aspect of PS on many devices is it slows down processing speed to save battery

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
I

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
Is he running Greenify ? In the same apps as you? I used to use Greenify but it slowed too much stuff down for me .
I'm not familiar with the processors on both phones but if one is running faster than the other doing the same task I don't think that's a ram issue but a processor issue, especially since you have twice the ram as he. An app such as Watch Dog Lite on each device will show what is processing on each and the percentage of processing power on each. This is usually better to use when researching battery drain issues since rogue cpu usage causes unwanted battery drain but in your case it could be used to see if yours is running something in the background that his isn't, robbing you of processing power.
Most of those in your screen shots are running background do though in ram they are using 0 cpu, thus not slowing anything down or using any battery. They're just idle.
If your phones have Power Saver mode make sure both are set to off. One aspect of PS on many devices is it slows down processing speed to save battery

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
if you are asking wether my lil bro using greenify or not ..hes not
my phone supposed to be have higher processor than my lil bro's phone..
ah i will try the "Watch Dog Lite" app then i will report it back here..
and about ram is it normal to consume that much ram even thou the total of all background running app is not even 1 gb?...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are asking wether my lil bro using greenify or not ..hes not
my phone supposed to be have higher processor than my lil bro's phone..
ah i will try the "Watch Dog Lite" app then i will report it back here..
and about ram is it normal to consume that much ram even thou the total of all background running app is not even 1 gb?...
Try uninstall Greenify as well and see if it speeds up. If so that's the culprit, if not just install it back. Again as stated above, we're looking for apples to apples to nail down the cause.
Yes that is normal for Android. Try not to think like Windows behaves because when Windows fills up it doesn't dump ram when more is needed. Windows just slows down until things are manually closed out whereas Android (and ios to a certain extent ) does the closing as needed in the background.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
I

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
Try uninstall Greenify as well and see if it speeds up. If so that's the culprit, if not just install it back. Again as stated above, we're looking for apples to apples to nail down the cause.
Yes that is normal for Android. Try not to think like Windows behaves because when Windows fills up it doesn't dump ram when more is needed. Windows just slows down until things are manually closed out whereas Android (and ios to a certain extent ) does the closing as needed in the background.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
As i stated before i factory reseted my phone
It wss like brand new then after it i tried to play the game but still slow

Daveforme

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML
Twitter
@daveidsanjaya
I had a same problem, i compare it with my bro galaxy s4. S4 run Digimon LinkZ smoothly, but my asus zenfone 2 (4gb ram) still run like a crap.
Tried everything i could but only worsened my phone.
Is there anything to do with intel architecture? Or the apps not compatible with intel processor?

OP
I

Inoyama

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Asus Zenfone 2(ZooAD)
I had a same problem, i compare it with my bro galaxy s4. S4 run Digimon LinkZ smoothly, but my asus zenfone 2 (4gb ram) still run like a crap.
Tried everything i could but only worsened my phone.
Is there anything to do with intel architecture? Or the apps not compatible with intel processor?
exactly the same goes for me