Why does my thunderbolt have less bars than my wife's D2?

305rev305

Reaction score
Everywhere we go her D2 shows more reception bars than my thunderbolt...yesterday we were at the mall and my phone had no bars while she had like three. I took mine to a Verizon store and ask them so they wanted to exchange it with a refurbished one but I told them to just change the Sim card and see if that would do the trick but nothing. The guy said that exchanging the phone would be better im skeptical of getting a refurbished phone... What do you guys think?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
refurbished has its good & bad but i prefer a new one. have they checked on any updates that maybe ur device might be missing? unless the frequency is very weak & needs to be replaced

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
refurbished has its good & bad but i prefer a new one. have they checked on any updates that maybe ur device might be missing? unless the frequency is very weak & needs to be replaced

All updates up to date. What do you mean by frequency be replaced?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
like radios there's signal frequencies, maybe ur device is not holding strong signals internally and maybe its something that vzw needs to check. its like being in a concrete basement, ur device has low or no signals because frequencies/sensors maybe blocked because its not strong enough to catch the phone towers. im just guessing at what may cause none or low bars. or if u have 4G but the area ur in is not 4G accessible, then u can switch to 3G . toggle between the two. again im just guessing ...

OP
305rev305

305rev305

Reaction score
like radios there's signal frequencies, maybe ur device is not holding strong signals internally and maybe its something that vzw needs to check. its like being in a concrete basement, ur device has low or no signals because frequencies/sensors maybe blocked because its not strong enough to catch the phone towers. im just guessing at what may cause none or low bars. or if u have 4G but the area ur in is not 4G accessible, then u can switch to 3G . toggle between the two. again im just guessing ...

Ok that makes sense. Maybe thats why the guy at Verizon advised me to exhange the phone....I'll think about it more now. Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As has been said a million times, Motorola knows how to make a radio. The TB may be faulty, but generally speaking a Motorola device will show, and have, better reception.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dont look at the bars, that does not really mean as much go into settings, about phone, network and check your signal strength.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Personally I would not shy away from a Refurbed phone. When you get it and get it activated, run it through it's paces immediately. I know a small percentage of them are bad, but the same is true of new phones.

Good luck.