1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why does my phone has a "ding" sound when i finish a call?

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by soledadreturns, Mar 24, 2010.

1. soledadreturns

soledadreturns New Member

can someone help me with the sound....each time someone hangs up or i press the "end call" button, there's a ding sound...like droid sound...i dont want this to be sounded...is there anyway to turn it off? specific instructions...i tried sounds and notifications..but doesn't seem to help.

please help...it annoys me when i press "end call" and a sound plays...people look at me weird
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the forum. Most phones don't do this except the ones you see on television. Check out anytime someone uses a cell phone on TV and you will hear a beep when they end call.

Apparently I've gotten use to this because I haven't thought about it for a while, so I actually just called myself so I could give you a proper response. Indeed there is a very soft beep when you end call. It's barely audible and I don't know any way of turning it off.

Like I said it does it on television all the time and I have to point out to people that it's an odd thing, nobody even notices it. If it annoys you that much then unfortunately there is not much you can do except if you're in your first 30 days. But I got to tell you it's so soft I can't imagine people looking at you. Unless yours is defective and extremely loud. But that ending beep is just part of the Droid.
  3. OmegaXzer0

OmegaXzer0 New Member

I like the fact that it is there mainly due to the fact that if someone hangs up on you, or if the call dropped. (yes, I have had a few calls drop here in the San Francisco Bay Area.. Verizon isn't as amazing as everyone else says it is...but I still really like my DROID, but I digress) Instead of having no tone at all, and possibly making me think that the person that I am speaking with is still on the line, I can easily know right away. :D
Search tags for this page
click sound after hang up
how i cancel end of calls sound
how to turn off end call sound
iphone 3 dings all the time

iphone hang up sound

iphone sound when someone hangs up
my phone makes this loud beep sound when i hang up
when i hang my phone up it makes a bing sound
why does iphone ding all the time
why does my i phone keep making a ding dong sound

why does my iphone ding

why does my iphone ding, i shut off blue tooth
why does my phone make a noise when i hang up
why does my samsung exhilarate make a ding noise
why dors my samsung galaxy 3 phone ding?