Why does my Moto Droid say its name?

Palmyra

Reaction score
Well it's less than 24 hours and I've run into first annoyance with the Droid. When it is asleep it has said/announced "DROID" four times now. Anyone have an idea of why it is doing so and how to stop it. I don't want to have to turnoff all sounds just this one, ????

Thanks

ericwiz

Reaction score
there is an alert/ringtone called Droid which is the sound you are referrring to. Sounds like you have email or some other alert set to using this ringtone. You can change it under settings to something else and it wont sing it's name anymore :)

n0cturne74

Reaction score
My Droid had the "droid" ringtone set for all alerts, etc when I bought it. I had to go through and customize alerts for everything, which is no big deal since I've done that with every other phone I've had.

OP
Palmyra

Palmyra

Reaction score
And you didn't get a notification at the same time?

Well to new to tell if the times at the same but one was at 3:30am +/- this morning. The phone was on the nightstand when it went off. The Mrs was not happy. :icon_eek: Anyway the darn thing just did it again and I've got no messages or mail or anything else?

CharlieJ

Reaction score
And you didn't get a notification at the same time?

Well to new to tell if the times at the same but one was at 3:30am +/- this morning. The phone was on the nightstand when it went off. The Mrs was not happy. :icon_eek: Anyway the darn thing just did it again and I've got no messages or mail or anything else?

If you plug it into a USB port on a PC, it will announce itself with the "Drooooiiiddd" notification, too. Otherwise, you have an email or text message or some other notification.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I use the app Locale and have it set up to be silent from the hours of 10pm until 6am so I don't get audible notifications while I am asleep.

freshtodeath213

Reaction score
I use the app Locale and have it set up to be silent from the hours of 10pm until 6am so I don't get audible notifications while I am asleep.

Me too. This is a great app. I have setting for when I am at work and asleep.

omnibus

Reaction score
Just know that there are separate settings menus for the home screen and for e-mail. Probably others I haven't discovered yet. :)

pequannock

Reaction score
I have a related issue, only from the other side of the coin so to speak. I'm sure that when I first powered up my Droid, it spoke the word Droid while showing the graphics on the screen. After about a week or so I powered it off and then back on. Now no Droid sound. Tried it several times, but still nothing. What gives? Any ideas? I LIKED hearing that sound.

iunknown

Reaction score
Top right button to take you to home screen and slide the volume to the left to turn off sounds at night.

LordKastle

Reaction score
I miss hearing "Droid"..I changed my notifications so I actually wake up incase of sleeping.

superglen99

Reaction score
did you put the phone on silent mode when you went to bed? I always do cause then you wont get any sounds. Don't worry your alarm will still go off if you have one set even in silent mode :)