I am running CM 5.0.7 Test0 build
Oc'ed at 1200mhz

Under spare parts it says under battery history
"Time spent without sleeping 6h10m

68% running
19% screen on
2.4% phone on
6.8% Blue Tooth on.

Am I missing something? I thought when the screen is off, the phone is sleeping.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
whats the speed of the processor set to when teh phones off?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you arent like constantly texting or streaming a lot of stuff from the web? I know that is a little quick for a battery to go but using the phone a lot will do this - its no blackberry battery

or try OCing to a lower speed - i know some people report a noticeable usage of the battery when OCing over 1Ghz

Silver Member
Reaction score
what is 68% running? there shouldn't be anything higher than the 19% display. that 68% running is what's draining your battery. you've got live wallpaper or an IM client or something causing the processor to cook.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i had the same issues with CM then i installed Chevy's low voltage 1250 mhz kernel and it helped alot. i could never get more then about 20 hours with CM

i later found out that CM roms are known to eat battery life.

im now running woodymans succulent desire 4.5 with chevys low voltage 1250 kernel and get 2 full days no problem. even after 2 days of pretty heave usage i still have close to 30% left.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
I did a clean wipe and put genesis v1 of 5.0.7 test build on
Will let you know if it fixes the issue

LrdElderon

Reaction score
i had the same issues with CM then i installed Chevy's low voltage 1250 mhz kernel and it helped alot. i could never get more then about 20 hours with CM

i later found out that CM roms are known to eat battery life.

im now running woodymans succulent desire 4.5 with chevys low voltage 1250 kernel and get 2 full days no problem. even after 2 days of pretty heave usage i still have close to 30% left.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree with you 100%. CM is not known for being a battery hog. There were issues for certain people having missing signal and that did cut battery life down, but that hasn't been an issue for a I Ubit I believe, not for me at least. also depends on usage, apps, widgets...etc

On 506-2 nexthemed I can hit 20 hours with 60-70% battery left with light to light/medium usage. even normal to heavy usage im at 40% or so. I have to play 3d games or use my gps for a long drive to need to recharge (thank you car charger ftw).

I think the biggest thing people can do is to remove unused apps, cut down on home screens (do you really need all 7?) limit widgets to a minimum amount. I'm sure facebook and twitter people can wait for you to get to a computer or have free time to do those later... heck any network im app, they try and stay connected draining battery pretty fast.

screen brightness? wifi and bt on all the time?

aside from all that, spare parts should break down exactly what was running that took that much battery, also i'd make sure setcpu isn't set on performance lol.