Why does my case have a cut out in the back?

PaulQ

Reaction score
My Verizon silicone case for my Droid Pro has a square cut out below and to the right of the camera. What exactly is this for? Is there a speaker under that plastic?

droidback.jpg

bwhite757

Reaction score
I'm thinking that was a last minute design change. My hard case has that cut out also, and all the cases I've seen online.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
I hate this case.. I only got it because that's all the verizon store had. I also don't like how hard I have to press to turn the phone on..aside from that its alright.

marmot8

Reaction score
I hate this case.. I only got it because that's all the verizon store had. I also don't like how hard I have to press to turn the phone on..aside from that its alright.

i hate that too, thinking of cutting that little flap off. what a pain

MO3iusONE

Reaction score

yea I want to do this too but then I feel like I'd really have to dig my finger in there to press the button.

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
My Verizon silicone case for my Droid Pro has a square cut out below and to the right of the camera. What exactly is this for? Is there a speaker under that plastic?

droidback.jpg

How are you liking this case? I got the plastic silicone case and, I feel like its way too snug for my phone..

MO3iusONE

Reaction score

Well I was right.. I cut the little cover to expose the button but.. I still have to dig my nail in there to actually press the button.. weeeak..

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
How are you liking this case? I got the plastic silicone case and, I feel like its way too snug for my phone..

I like it. Not perfect. I would NOT call it too snug. The sides are pretty weak but that may be by design so you can get to the keys on the side.

Still curious WHY this cut out is there?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
could be there to avoid overheating?

That's my thought. It's there to allow the heat somewhere to dissipate, rather than get trapped under the skin. Otherwise, it would be like wrapping the Droid Pro in a blanket.

BubbaRob

Reaction score
Im leaning towards the antennas being in that area as Im having the low wifi signal issue and did some testing last night. I placed my hand over that square area and I dropped two signal bars for wifi.

I then removed my hands and the signal went back up. I did this for 10 minutes in the same spot and every time it dropped and returned.

Sure, its not scientific testing but it sure seemed to be an issue around they square hole.

Just sharing my results.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
The holster has the same cutout. I'm thinking either design change, like there was meant to be a logo there, or antenna.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
I guess I would vote antenna.

I can't say I agree with heat unless this phone runs unusually hot.