Why does my battery run down more at work

Reaction score
Just wondering why, starting the day at a full charge, with pretty consistent use, I will be at 80% by 5pm at home and 40% at work ?

Is it possibily because it is constantly searching for an not finding (all the time) Wi-Fi at work ? Is it trying to find and failing to find 3G.

I swear that the phone drops 30% in my pocket not being used.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Do you have your WiFi on at all times? Then it could be that it's looking for a WiFi signal at work.

I'm also wondering what the building you're working from is like? If it's an older building, your Droid may be constantly working to holding a regular phone signal, which will definitely zap a battery quickly...

Just a couple of thoughts.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
when the phone is 'searching' for either wi-fi, and especially cell service it can definitely reduce battery life. after all, basically the phone keeps pinging the cell towers to find service if the building inhibits reception.

Stigy

Reaction score
I make sure to turn off Wi-Fi when I am not using it or else it probably sits there searching for it.

OP
H
Reaction score
I think it has trouble finding cell phone signal so that might be the issue. The battery monitor has 15% use for "Phone Standby" which seems high.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
go to settings>about>battery use and tell us what it says, after a day of use with no charging(charging resets this). So when it is close to dying let us know. That will show what the primary hogs are.

Reaction score
I have the same issue, and when I look @ my battery use details and click on 'Cell standby', it shows that after being on for about 7 hours, the "Time without a signal" is 35%... is that normal? What do other people show as a %? I always show a full four bar 3G signal when I look at it though....

Another question, what percentage does your phone idle usually show? Mine is showing 15% right now, having made no phone calls with it today, only using it for web and text. Seems high for idle?