Why does Facebook Sync work for me?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well good luck Sniffle. Hope you guys figure it out soon and can cram it into the next release :D

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hopefully we can figure this out. i don't want to release until it's resolved, as it's quite the bug

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
hopefully we can figure this out. i don't want to release until it's resolved, as it's quite the bug

Couldn't the rest of us who don't really care about FB syncing get a 0.6.0a ;)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Couldn't the rest of us who don't really care about FB syncing get a 0.6.0a ;)

According to twitter, that's what he's doing now. He's looking at releasing it tonight as facebook is an issue across all source builds.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, for all those interested, there will be a release later tonight.

There will be several fixes in this release (it's actually 0.6.2), but sadly, Facebook will not be one of them. Me and sniffle are still looking into what the problem could be, but there's a good chance that it's an issue with how facebook dealt with the eclair release (they put in some "eclair or later" specific code). Regardless, I will still spend some time looking into this, but I don't want this one bug to halt the entire progress of the ROM, as it might not even be a problem with the ROM itself.

For those who were hoping for a fix this release, I apologize but I will still continue to work hard to try to figure it out! In the mean time I hope you enjoy everything this ROM and the future releases have to offer.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Ok, for all those interested, there will be a release later tonight.

There will be several fixes in this release (it's actually 0.6.2), but sadly, Facebook will not be one of them.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Facebook app Socialite off the LG roms yet on this build? It works flawlessly on other roms and might work for those who would try this rom otherwise.... The apk is available here: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (hope it ain't warez ;))

It's not that the app isn't working, it isn't just syncing contacts. For me thats almost all of my contacts. Though I would love to try a new app :)

xeder

Reaction score
Socialite supports Facebook and twitter sync. If you try it on this build and it works successfully, that should indicate the problem is on the fackbook app, not the rom. ?? Let me know if you try it and it works. I would like to try this out if so......

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Socialite supports Facebook and twitter sync. If you try it on this build and it works successfully, that should indicate the problem is on the fackbook app, not the rom. ?? Let me know if you try it and it works. I would like to try this out if so......

I tried a manual sync of a facebook account, and it didn't work either, so I doubt it will. I'll still try it though, just to be safe.

y0rk

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but has anyone tried sticking in the contacts.apk or contactsprovider.apk from a leaked version to see if it does anything different?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear about the release tonight, I care a little bit about FB sync, but much more about improving stability/speed, and after that, features in any ROM I'm running.

I just flashed this today, and it's a real pleasure to run. Looking forward to the update!

Thanks!

PJnc284

Reaction score
Socialite gives you the option to sync all contacts or just the existing ones and is listed under accounts/sync but doesn't seem to be working either.