Why does Facebook Sync work for me?

wingdo

Reaction score
Title says it all. Seems everyone says it won't sync, but I added a friend from my laptop and poof I have their Facebook picture in my contacts list.

CLShade

Reaction score
Hmmm.... my set up is the same as yours except for the baseband update and the Kernel. I'll try flashing that kernel and see if it gets FB sync working.

CLShade

Reaction score
Welll- no immediate difference. I still can't set up a FB Sync account and it didn't magically sync without having an account set up.

Did you wipe your Droid before installing Sapphire? What system did you migrate to 0.6.0 from?

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
I came to Sapphire from Ultimate Droid RC2 (finally found out what all the fuss was about and decided I couldn't support UD). I did a cache wipe but that was it.

gszeman

Reaction score
It has to do with whetger or not you wiped data/cache. The new FB from the market doesn't sync on Froyo for some reason...if you didn't wipe, your FB will most likely work. Or at least that is what I was made to believe...

sniffle said:
as too the facebook issue it is an easy fix that will be implemented in the next version. until then you can un-install facebook and push a copy of the facebook app provided with the frf57 leak to /system/app that initial app that is provided is what allows for the sync... the market app doesn't for some idiotic reason...

luvdldy

Reaction score
I didn't wipe and I don't sink... problem was FACEBOOK didn't even show in Sapphire's ROM so I had to download from market.

Guess that's why mine isn't working.

PJnc284

Reaction score
I came from Kangerade and didn't wipe data/cache and still have no facebook sync. Uninstalled facebook, pulled the apk from another rom where sync was working and pushed it to the Sapphire rom and sync was still a no go. If you open facebook, hit the menu button and choose settings, is there a sync option near the bottom?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
This whole facebook sync issue is interesting...

I do have FB sync working as well on 2.2.

I'm on the Team Chaos ROM, but it was installed over another ROM w/out wiping data. Unfortunately, I can't remember which ROM I installed it over.

I sent my build.prop and facebook apk to someone else, and putting them on his Droid didn't get him sync.

Haven't tried this ROM, so no connection there.

Very mysterious....sync can work on 2.2, but requires a yet-unknown combination of installs to work.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This whole facebook sync issue is interesting...

I do have FB sync working as well on 2.2.

I'm on the Team Chaos ROM, but it was installed over another ROM w/out wiping data. Unfortunately, I can't remember which ROM I installed it over.

I sent my build.prop and facebook apk to someone else, and putting them on his Droid didn't get him sync.

Haven't tried this ROM, so no connection there.

Very mysterious....sync can work on 2.2, but requires a yet-unknown combination of installs to work.

Team Chaos's ROM isn't built from source, while this one is. That is the main reason, as facebook sync worked with leaked 2.2, but not with built from source 2.2.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What's odd is that this would be expected with the leaked builds......

I can't wait to find out what is causing the issue. The big mystery continues : )

Sent from my Droid

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
We've been searching through smali code and everything else... there actually checks to see what version of android your running... we're just trying to figure out what needs to be fixed or reverted to get it working again...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
We've been searching through smali code and everything else... there actually checks to see what version of android your running... we're just trying to figure out what needs to be fixed or reverted to get it working again...

Could looking at the leak help with this?

Also, I even tried manually adding my Facebook account, and right after hitting facebook it backs out just like if i were to hit the back button once.

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
possibly... it's a matter of figuring out if something was changed in framework or something along those lines to allow it to work...

we need a version specific froyo source release... kinda like the android-2.1_r2.1s branch which was eclair ese81 until then we're hunting like crazy... :)