Why does Android System eat up my battery?

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by MissionImprobable, Jan 11, 2012.

1. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

The major culprit of battery use back on Froyo and GB was the display. If I wasn't running the phone in an area that needed the brightness to be up for extended periods of time I saw little issue with battery drain. Now that I've switched to MIUI I notice that when the battery is almost dead Android System is always the number one process for battery use. With as much as it lists under its purview I cannot tell exactly what it is that is using up so much juice. Do all those processes such as FM Radio run anytime the phone is awake? I looked at the usage detail graph but I have no idea how to make sense out of the data there, looks like a defrag graph from my pc:happy3: Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

Well, still no exact answers, but I do want to report that I noticed that certain apps like Weather Channel, and a few clock apps continually run. Might want to take a look at running processes, then go into apps and force stop any that have this issue. I uninstalled one or two big offenders and have gotten back to having 60-70% battery life left on my extended battery after a full day of use including phone calls.
Search tags for this page
andriod system eatin mybatery
andriod system eating battery
android os miui keep awake
android system battery drain
android system battery drain froyo

android system eating battery

android system eating up battery
does miui eat battery
how much battery does fm radio use on android
miui android system battery
roms eat my battery
theme drain system android
why does android system use so much battery
why does my android system use so much battery
why does my phone eat the battery so much?