Why does Android System eat up my battery?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The major culprit of battery use back on Froyo and GB was the display. If I wasn't running the phone in an area that needed the brightness to be up for extended periods of time I saw little issue with battery drain. Now that I've switched to MIUI I notice that when the battery is almost dead Android System is always the number one process for battery use. With as much as it lists under its purview I cannot tell exactly what it is that is using up so much juice. Do all those processes such as FM Radio run anytime the phone is awake? I looked at the usage detail graph but I have no idea how to make sense out of the data there, looks like a defrag graph from my pc:happy3: Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, still no exact answers, but I do want to report that I noticed that certain apps like Weather Channel, and a few clock apps continually run. Might want to take a look at running processes, then go into apps and force stop any that have this issue. I uninstalled one or two big offenders and have gotten back to having 60-70% battery life left on my extended battery after a full day of use including phone calls.