Why do Youtube videos look so bad?

dafortune

Reaction score
Love the phone so far but the videos on youtube look worse than on my storm. A low res mess. I know the phone can do better than this, is there an app for that or something?

dlarej15

Reaction score
watch in high quality

just hit menu-more and then choose watch in high quality. it takes longer to load but the quality improves, pretty good actually

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info dlarej15. The reason the quality is so low is because it allows for really fast load times. Of course they know you want to see it as quickly as possible.

Stigy

Reaction score
FYI: If you are on WiFi you will automatically see the High Quality videos.

Poley

Reaction score
thanks. i did and it took a 5 min HQ video close to a minute to start playing but it made it through the entire clip without pausing to buffer anymore. Unlike my old phone where low quality videos spend more time buffering then playing. All on the same 3G network.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When i switched mine to HD from low quality, it took mere seconds to start back up again. I guess it depends all on the video your choosing to play.

mach330

Reaction score
just hit menu-more and then choose watch in high quality. it takes longer to load but the quality improves, pretty good actually

i noticed this too. is this the menu of the phone or the youtube? i can't seem to figure out how to get to this.

nm..found this. got it now.

[video=youtube;OUXe5XWnOL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUXe5XWnOL4[/video]

Last edited: