Why do rom make the phone loose flash for carrier?

rcjames

Reaction score
Why do rom make the phone loose flash for carrier? What other way would loose flash?

Snow02

Reaction score
Nah, your post was pretty unintelligible.

If you would list some details for your specific issue, that would help get your question answered.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Nah, your post was pretty unintelligible.

If you would list some details for your specific issue, that would help get your question answered.

First of all I said flash for carrier. Like boost mobile, cricket, and so on. Phones can loose flash for carrier by flashing rom and such but why? I want technical information.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Flashing a ROM shouldn't change any of that. ROMs don't change the basebands, PRLs or any of that. I've heard of many people who've flashed to a different carrier and still run custom ROMs. The carrier information is not/should not be affected by the ROM.

sent from somewhere...

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If you (or somebody with access to your phone) accessed the Programming menu then they could have messed with your settings. To get on and check it out for yourself,

Open up the dialer and dial ##PROGRAM, then click dial. A prompt will appear asking for your password, then enter in all zeroes for it, or 000000.

If you plan on making any changes at all, it would be in your best interest to create a handwritten backup of any values you plan on changing. I say that because I "think" this stuff isn't stored in the /system or /data partitions so a Nandroid restore won't be of any use if you muck something up.

I say that because last summer I made a small tweak, and I can wipe everything possible from within Clockwork, RZR (current recovery), and SPR and the change I made is still there.

But I guess the question from me is, what led you to believe that installing a ROM would change any of these settings? Are you wanting to flash to a different carrier or did a ROM you installed somehow change these settings on you?

Oh, I just realized I am in the Droid X section. The above steps for getting into the Programminh menu should still work though...I don't see why they wouldn't. But if not, I wrote this with the original Droid in mind.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
If you (or somebody with access to your phone) accessed the Programming menu then they could have messed with your settings. To get on and check it out for yourself,

Open up the dialer and dial ##PROGRAM, then click dial. A prompt will appear asking for your password, then enter in all zeroes for it, or 000000.

If you plan on making any changes at all, it would be in your best interest to create a handwritten backup of any values you plan on changing. I say that because I "think" this stuff isn't stored in the /system or /data partitions so a Nandroid restore won't be of any use if you muck something up.

I say that because last summer I made a small tweak, and I can wipe everything possible from within Clockwork, RZR (current recovery), and SPR and the change I made is still there.

But I guess the question from me is, what led you to believe that installing a ROM would change any of these settings? Are you wanting to flash to a different carrier or did a ROM you installed somehow change these settings on you?

Oh, I just realized I am in the Droid X section. The above steps for getting into the Programminh menu should still work though...I don't see why they wouldn't. But if not, I wrote this with the original Droid in mind.

Guys at cricket store that flash phones told me not to modified my droid x. So maybe he isn't to experienced about these type of things. I don't know. So data wipe would it effect it? Yea they told me, themes, rom will erase the flash.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Flashing a ROM shouldn't change any of that. ROMs don't change the basebands, PRLs or any of that. I've heard of many people who've flashed to a different carrier and still run custom ROMs. The carrier information is not/should not be affected by the ROM.

sent from somewhere...

I hope not. But thank you.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score

Finkployd

Reaction score
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Sent from my DROIDX