Why do my txt pics & vids come in very low quality now?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I've recently ditched my iPhone5s & went with a Moto Z Force. I love it but I'm experiencing adjustment issues. I used to send & receive text pics & videos from my iPhones for years & the quality was fine. If it was a pictures I received I could tap on it to make the picture bigger & the quality was perfect. The same for videos I would receive. These pictures & videos would be sent to me by other iPhones, Android & Windows phones & I never had an issue. Now that I've been using my new Moto Z all the pics & vids I get seem to be rendered in a very low format? My brother sent me pics & vids from his Galaxy 6 yesterday & his wife sent me pics & vids from her iPhone6 & all pics & vids came in in low quality. Why is that & how can it be corrected? I've had Verizon cell service for 10 years so the cell provider has not changed from device to device.
Thanks!

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I'm using the pre-loaded VZ Messenger+ app. I tried a few others & didn't like them as much. Plus I've heard you can use VZ Messenger+ on your tablet & PC which would be convenient.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I wonder if the issue is with the Verizon Message + app? That's the red logo text app. I use Google Messenger, the blue + white icon, and just looked through some pics sent to me via text and they look OK to me. There have been quite a few issues lately with recent app updates to the Message+ app, if that's the one you are using.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess we posted at the same time. LOL. Yes, Message+ will allow you to view your texts on a tablet. Just for test purposes, why not try the Messenger app that also came preinstalled, the blue icon. Open it and it will ask if you want to set it as default. Select Yes. See what the pics look like. When you open Message + again it will ask if you want it to be your default text app and select Yes again. It's that easy to switch between the two preinstalled apps for testing text issues.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I wonder if the issue is with the Verizon Message + app? That's the red logo text app. I use Google Messenger, the blue + white icon, and just looked through some pics sent to me via text and they look OK to me. There have been quite a few issues lately with recent app updates to the Message+ app, if that's the one you are using.

That's why I asked what they were using. I'd almost bet money that it's the app's fault.

Sent from my Pixel XL

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I tried on both messenger apps & the Pics & Vids are still the same low quality on both apps. They were sent from iPhone 6 phones to my droid phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Although, I do not have a MotoZ, I may be able to help with a few ideas. Not having a Moto Z, is there possibly a setting that controls the quality of the pics? I'm also wondering if the problem may be that the sender's pics may be being sent at a lower resolution? My son has a Galaxy 7 which is very similar to my Note 5 but for some reason any pic he sends me is small; very low resolution. Yet, I have no problems with anyone else's pics.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk