Why do I need the unlock Swipe?

larson7

Reaction score
I love the Droid, but hate the unlock swipe to get to the homescreen.
Is there any reason that I need to have it? Is it removeable?
I have Launcher for my homescreens, but can't find out how to remove the front unlock swipe to get there....:blackdroid:

pdroidz1330

Reaction score
use app

there really is no reason for the unlock swipe. If you dont wish to have it you can download an app that allows you to bypass the unlock swipe. By activationg this app you can jump straight to your homescreen immediately after pressing the unlock button at the top of your phone. Hope this helps

Dubbin1

Reaction score
keyguard disabler to the rescue. The app is free but if you make a donation (around $2) it will unlock a feature that shuts off the swipe for you.

OP
L

larson7

Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Ill try the disabler....

Any other apps out there?

harrellj

Reaction score
Alternatively, there's an app called No Lock that also disables the lockscreen.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
if you download GOTO it goes to the home screen by sliding the phone open (dont think it was made for phones with keyboards) or hitting the home button..the camera key wakes the screen too, plus you can go straight to your texts, call log or gmail with it..and its free.

Reaction score
I hated swipe at first as well, and downloaded a few apps that let me work around it. however they are all gone and I still do the 2 part method to get on my phone. Reason is, everyone I ever had would always end up coming on in my pocket. Also I like to just pull out my phone, press the power button to see the time and then put the phone in my pocket, no worries. Just somethings to think about.