why do i always get this error when using rsdlite to flash a sbf?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tktouch12, Mar 17, 2010.

1. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i've used it twice now (to go to ese53 and now back to 2.0.1 (so i can get the ota, then i'll root it)). both times it said failed, but really worked. it scares the heck out of me. its not a big problem if its actaully working, but why does it think its failing? and could this lead to a problem later?

i looked in program files>motorola>rsd lite and found a couple flasherrorlogs i will attach, maybe they will explain it.
    is anyone else having this problem?
    thanks

(p.s.- i know using rsd lite is bad, thats why i'm concerned, but i'm fairly fluent in using droid)

its .log so i can't attach it, so here it is (i wish i knew how to quote something):

23:32:22, March 17, 2010
    Line: 517
    ERROR: AP Die ID: 0a80011843680304000000000400
    Line: 524
    ERROR: BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000
    Line: 531
    ERROR: AP Public ID: ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Line: 538
    ERROR: BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
    23:36:16, March 17, 2010
    Line: 919
    ERROR: Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x150000 Command: ADDR
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\RDLOp.cpp
    Device ID: 0
    Line: 1182
    ERROR: Phone[0000]: Flash failed.
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashThread.cpp
    Line: 587
    ERROR: Flash failure: Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE0030009 Address: 0x150000 Command: ADDR (Error Code: e0030009),
    Detailed Error Details: Direction of the Error=1000, Command Value=200000, Code Group Number=257
    File: X:\test_dev_usb\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Well....what's on your phone right now? Firmware, build number??
    I don't really know anything about rsd lite or the sbf, but if your phone works can get you back to stock for the OTA.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I believe that error means the radio flash did not go through.
  4. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

When I flashed to 2.1 with RSD Lite it said failed(I got scared too). But tonight when flashed back to 2.0.1 it never said failed, It never said successful either,it just said processing. Did your phone reboot by itself? Because when I flashed 2.1 I had to click "show phone", but with 2.0.1 it did it by itself.
  5. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

This was happening to me also, the Radio flash didn't go through and it was the damn reason why I flashing the .sbf in the first place.

I Finally got it to go through by just leaving it alone. While it was flashing the radio it would "disconnect" from the computer but it's actually trying to get into some mode to flash the radio firmware.

Also are you using a virtual machine? I tried this first with virtualbox and got the same errors you did with the phone rebooting by itself. I finally tried VMWare and it finally worked.
  6. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

it did the exact same thing when i flashed to ese53 and when i flashed back down to 2.0.1. i'm using vista, so no. both times it rebooted by itself after it said failed.

well thanks for telling me its (probably) the radio flash didnt go through. I'll just wait for the ota like i was planning then root from there
  7. WackoZacho

WackoZacho New Member

I keep getting this too!

I'm trying to load the Smoked Glass rom.

I keep getting stuck in a loop as follows:

I use RSD Lite to try to flash the 2.0.1 firmware and original stock ROM to the phone. After the first couple stages, it will say FAIL, and say "Failed downloading RAM for bootloader". If I click on the fail part, the phone will reboot, and startup normally, I'll get to the Droid activation screen, etc.

I figure from what I've read in the posts above I can fix the radio flashing later when I update to 2.1.

Next, I go ahead and bypass the activation screen, mount the USB drive on the computer, and pass the Smoked Glass rom and the Update.zip "give me root" zip file to the root directory of the flash drive. Then I do safely remove mass storage device etc. and unplug the usb cable from the phone.

Next I turn off phone, reboot into the normal built in recovery mode, (not sprecovery yet) and complete the command on the menu that says install update.zip.

After I do this, it says complete, I reboot the phone, again bypass activation, and when I look in the apps, I can see the ninja superuser app, indicating update.zip was successful and I do indeed have root.

Now I close RSD on my computer, and reopen it. I turn off the phone and connect the USB. I turn it on into bootloader mode again, and on RSD I flash SPRecovery 3b. It finishes successfully, I get a PASS this time from RSD. (when holding up at the reboot phase, otherwise I get the whole please manually reboot the phone thing).

The next time I boot up with x pressed to get into recovery, it does indeed load SPRecovery 3b patched by psycho, etc.

I've followed the directions in Adams post releasing the ROM for Smoked Glass, where it says make a backup - I try to do this and it says E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory).

I tried going to mount options from the main menu and manually clicking Mount/sdcard and I get the same error, followed by the line Mounted /sdcard.

But it's not really mounted, because when I got back to browse the sdcard for the rom file, I get that error again.

Also when I go to backup/restore, to do a backup, and go to advanced Nandoird backup, * all items then click perform backup, I get the following error:

Attempting Nandroid backup... ERROR: NAndroid exited with status 31.

I take it this is again related to the SDCard problem? What can I do here? I know the card is good, and it's inserted correctly, because my computer can read and write to/from it. I also know that the computer isn't taking control of the files preventing access to SPRecovery becaus it's ejected and the cable is unplugged.

If I try to boot the phone in a normal mode (not sprecovery and not bootloader) then it stalls on the Moto M at startup and doesn't continue to boot. I've been able to determine that this stall occurs each time I use RSD to install SPRecovery. Prior to that, I can start normal after flashing the stock rom, and I can still start normal after rooting it, to see the ninja, it's simply after I install SPRecovery my normal boot stalls at the M.

Might it have something to do with the flashing of the radio not finishing?

Should I try 2b instead of 3b for sprecovery?
    Or does anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance.
  8. scottmotron

scottmotron New Member

I was scrambling to reflash for warranty, and was getting this problem as well, but I did eventually get it to work by doing the following:
    * switched from win7 64 to winxp 32. Not sure if this is necessary, but i hear rsdlite is "buggy" on win7 64
    * downloaded the latest rsdlite (5.0 as of now) and drivers (4.9) from peter alfonso here
    * followed the directions carefully for properly flashing from here

Other things
    * ticking ODM_Serial from Config->Flash/Flex Options helped some people, but this didn't work for me
    * some people needed multiple tries before it flashed correctly. I think I probably did it about 6 to 8 times before it worked. First with 4.6, then 4.9, finally 5.0. Flash worked the first time with rsdlite 5.0 and 4.9 drivers. Not sure if that's coincidence or not.
    * I can confirm that this error seems to indicate a bad radio flash. Booting into the O.S. after this error, I don't get a 3g connection
Search tags for this page
error sending ram download

error sending ram download for bootloader

error sending ram download for bootloader droid x
error: flash failure: interface bp: error sending ram downlo
failed flashing process. - on device id 0
flash files of motorola xt800
interface bp error sending ram download for bootloader
rds lite device api error
rsd lite device api error
rsd lite error jump to ram downloader
rsd lite error sending ram download for bootloader