1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why do apps continue to run after I "kill" them?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by liguy257, May 1, 2010.

1. liguy257

liguy257 New Member

I just went into Task Manager and "killed" a bunch of things. I then clicked Home, then went back into task manager about five seconds later, and several things are back. Calendar, corporate calendar, Settings, Voice Search...

I thought once I killed something it would stay inactive until I called it up again. It's weird that it's constantly running stuff that I'm not bringing up. I thought once you killed a task, it would go away.
  2. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

that's how android works.

it runs in the background so you don't have any waiting time next time. the beauty of it is that it doesn't bog down the phone either, since apps running in the background pretty much use no ram.

i use a taskkiller too but that's only to kill apps like games and the browser, anything else i leave alone.
Search tags for this page

android apps continue to run

apps continuing to run
apps continuing to run on android
apps continuing to run on htc one
apps that run continue
do apps continue to run on android?
should apps continue to run on my phone
why app continue to run in android
why do android apps continue to run in the background
why do applications continue to run after closed on phone
why do apps continue to run

why do apps continue to run on android

why do some apps continue to run
why does android settings have to run continuously?
why does the apps on my phone continue to run