Why do all the IM Aggregate apps work poorly?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
eBuddy, IM+, Nimbuzz, Meebo....

They all lose connection, or crash. Google Talk is the only one that works for me consistently. Meebo has been ok recently out of the ones I listed above, but it too needs help.

When are we going to get a decent IM app?

I have Yahoo/MSN/Google accounts and I would like 1 app to open them all.. so far I have struggled to find this and I have experimented with them all...

SO FRUSTRATING

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i agree.
my wife is a bb gal and we started using google talk but if i had a large variety of people to chat with that would be a problem.

brock

Reaction score
might be dumb, but have you tried adding it to the ignore list on a task killer? just a thought.

Reaction score
I'm running with bb 7.5 and the native im apk workes wondefuly. I think its the g1s I'm app but its flashed with the latest rom and works. You should give it a try.

pyro6128

Reaction score
what is the
"native im apk"

the one that just says "im". Its in bugless beast 7.5. Side note, I've never had ebuddy disconnect or force close on me or anything; that app is a champ. Maybe you have something else interfering with it? Talk works great too

Reaction score
Native being "Default", IM (instant message) .Apk (the extention for the file) Just teckky for the defualt IM app thats flashed with the 7.5 Bugless beast Rom.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
IM + just Twittered that they are going to Update their Android App soon. About time!

As far as eBuddy, it disconnect... but doesn't tell me. I go back in and it says "loggin in..", I am like, when did it Log Out?

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Ok ,I must retract part of this post. In 2 or 3 days of straight usage, Meebo and eBuddy have both worked good. Nimbuzz works good as well but on last attempt, way too many force closes. But they didn't have any connection issues either.

au1776

Reaction score
I like nimbuzz, though meebo worked alright for me.

I don't even need multiple IM support, I just need to be able to change to another gtalk name. I didn't miss the ability to do this, did I?

Reaction score
I remeber an app called "beejive" back when I had the iphone.. it was THE BEST IM APP I've everrrrr seen. Thay need to make it for androids..