Why did you chose the droid x

BORICUAPRINCE1

Reaction score
Why have you chosen Droid X over the other android phones I chose it cause I like the screen and I don't like keyboards

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Hated the Droid 1 keyboard, tried the Incredible.....nice phone, but prefer Motorola and like the screen size. I have entertained the idea of a droid 2 though, the keyboard is much improved.

Hermes

Reaction score
Me too, hated the keyboard on Droid 1. I love the huge gorgeous screen on the DX.:)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Simple for me really...I had had an VX6900 (Verizon branded HTC Touch) previously, and I had gotten used to not having a mechanical keyboard....so my choices boiled down to 2 phones really, the Inc and the X. I went with the X because of the increased screen size, better camera, HDMI output, and large storage capacity out of the box.
Not too mention the X is just plain sexy...sexier than 2 nekkid pigs actually...dancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i didnt choose the X... it chose me

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I chose it for obvious reasons....non more than the big screen. I love it

erict

Reaction score
I have big hands and the size of the phone was perfect. And the size of the screen is awesome too.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I have big hands too...size is perfect. I liked what I saw even though I didn't know anything about droid phones. Been since august ...couldn't be happier with the dx. Oh yeah, I don't like physical keyboards. Thumbs too big.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

xliderider

Reaction score
Had a Droid 1, wife had an Eris. Bought two Fascinates on release day with the BOGO promo, but had to add a line to get them because we only had one upgrade available.

After one week with the Fascinate, I wanted to go back to my Droid 1 and get my upgrade reinstated. However, my wife didn't want to go back to her Eris (I can't blame her), even though I had it rooted, overclocked and on a custom rom. ;)

Returned the Fascinate, and waited one week for my X to come in. Received the OTA 2.2 update on the 2nd day of my X experience, and have been eXtremely happy with the X.

My X is rooted, running on Ultra Low Voltage, and on custom roms now, but not overclocked as I've seen no need to overclock her. :)

By the way, my wife still loves her Fascinate, it just wasn't for me.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
It was newest, and most powerful (as far as I knew) Android when I decided to buy. It also looked to be very popular. Why were these important to me? Because they all help to insure that it will have a long healthy support cycle.

The big screen was also a big plus. I don't type enough on my phone to care about a real keyboard.

barski

Reaction score
I was due for an upgrade and had been considering a smartphone for some time. I seen some specs of the Droid X a little while before was it release, it was untouched by any other android device on the Verizon network. All the videos i seen of it before being released made me crave it even more. I had it on release date, got a junk phone, but received a new one a couple of days later and I Love It. As of right now i wouldn't trade it for any other smart phone. I am getting a replacement in monday because the main mic died.

R

RETG

Reception. I'm a simple man with simple needs...

Same here, even though I won't update to the X until early Dec. This comes from talking and comparing some phones with people I work with who have Incredibles, Droids and even one X and one Samsung. In all locations, the X has the best receiption and in some of those locations, the X and the Droid are the only ones that get reception. So, sometime in Dec. I upgrade from a BB to the X. (I'll add, that the one good thing of my Tours is that they all receive reception similar to the Droid and X.)

kennyb

Reaction score
Same reasons: big screen, didn't want keyboard, camera.

Sent from my rooted DROIDX