Why did we get cheated

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apple is into multitouch, let them do their thing. The Droid is unique, i dont want it to be similar in any way or form. If the iPhone has it, i dont want it on the Droid. Also, Dolphin Browser supports multitouch if you really want it

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hm.

What to do about them both having touchscreens?

:D

You do know thats the main requirement for the media to call a phone the next iPhone killer :p

kkwan77

Reaction score
Why doe the milestone have the - pinch to zoom - and my droid dont other than 2.0.1 aint they exactly the same phone .

All in due time, I wouldn't be surprised if we get this in a future software release. This topic is too widespread for Moto to not take notice.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Motorola isn't the reason the Droid doesn't have MT. Google is. This is a Google Experience phone. Pure, unadulterated google goodness with no customization from the carrier.

I have read that Motorola will include MT on future Android handsets, but I am doubting that they will include any Google Experience phones.

drewshaver

Reaction score
Motorola isn't the reason the Droid doesn't have MT. Google is. This is a Google Experience phone. Pure, unadulterated google goodness with no customization from the carrier.

I have read that Motorola will include MT on future Android handsets, but I am doubting that they will include any Google Experience phones.

milestone and n1 europe are both ggl experience phones and have pinch zoom. you didnt even read the whole thread.

i'll say it again
PIN ZOOM FTW

Last edited by a moderator:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You misunderstood what YOU read. Motorola did not include MT on the Milestone in Europe. Nor did HTC for the N1.

GOOGLE DID. In the EU releases of the phones, GOOGLE (not Moto or HTC) enabled it.

THEY DID NOT IN THE US VERSIONS.

drewshaver

Reaction score
You misunderstood what YOU read. Motorola did not include MT on the Milestone in Europe. Nor did HTC for the N1.

GOOGLE DID. In the EU releases of the phones, GOOGLE (not Moto or HTC) enabled it.

THEY DID NOT IN THE US VERSIONS.

actually, google blocked the pinch zoom in the us version, not enabled it in the eu version. see article Editorial: Google's multitouch dilemma -- Engadget
if you had bothered to read the thread you would have seen that linked to multiple times.

I might have misunderstood what you wrote, because it didn't really make sense:

"I have read that Motorola will include MT on future Android handsets, but I am doubting that they will include any Google Experience phones."

did you mean that motorola is not going to release any more google experience phones? imo, it is hard to make an android set not google experience.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You obviously don't know the difference between a Google experience phone vs. other Android handsets.

A google experience phone means that the manufacturer does not customize the UI or functions of the phone aside from what Google wants.

If you want to investigate further, note that the HTC Eris and Hero are not Google Experience phones, but the G1 is. Phones that use the Motoblur UI are not Google experience phones either. Also note that the Hero, and Eris has MT enabled...

So I would suspect the comment Moto made about furture Android handsets to be ones with their own custom version of Android on it, not the vanilla version we see with Google Experience phones.

As for arguing semantics of enabled vs. blocked, its a moot point, the outcome is the same, and Google is the culprit, just like I said from the get go. had you bothered to read what I typed, you would see that.

dub8420

Reaction score
2 hands to use pinch to zoom? I use my thumb and index of 1 hand on dolphin 2.0 and its a great browser.

drewshaver

Reaction score
if you had read my post 35, i obviously know google is the culprit, i was not debating this.

I thought you were saying there were no google experience phones that had pinch zoom, hence i mentioned milestone, n1 eu that do.

thanks for clarifying what ggl exp phone means.

just fyi, the reason ggl did not block pinch zoom in eu is that the eu antitrust laws prevent them from exerting control over the software. lacking those laws i think they would have blocked it there also.

i am hoping the backroom deal btwn apple and goog expires soon, and then they will give us pinch zoom, so i can stop *****ing about it. lol

Magdroid

Reaction score
if you had read my post 35, i obviously know google is the culprit, i was not debating this.

I thought you were saying there were no google experience phones that had pinch zoom, hence i mentioned milestone, n1 eu that do.

thanks for clarifying what ggl exp phone means.

just fyi, the reason ggl did not block pinch zoom in eu is that the eu antitrust laws prevent them from exerting control over the software. lacking those laws i think they would have blocked it there also.

i am hoping the backroom deal btwn apple and goog expires soon, and then they will give us pinch zoom, so i can stop *****ing about it. lol

Here you guys go. Get informed about Pinch to Zoom. Every conspiracy theory on the internet is not always true. Get informed before you start spreading lies.

The Engadget Show - 005: Google's Erick Tseng, CES wrap-up, WiDi, AR.Drone, and more! -- Engadget

Last edited:

drewshaver

Reaction score
I dont have time to watch an hour long show. btw i was getting my info from engadget. do you want to point us to an interesting time

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Edited a couple posts.

Keep it civil please.

Thank you

drewshaver

Reaction score
my b.. i misunderstood this line
"I have read that Motorola will include MT on future Android handsets, but I am doubting that they will include any Google Experience phones."
and for some reason flipped a bit