Why did we get cheated

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know. Why do people call it "pinch to zoom," when it's really pinch to shrink and spread to zoom?
"Shrink" is also zoom (zoom out).

I'm pretty sure that there won't be too many people responding to this question, as it's been talked about, to death.
deadhorse.gif
...as they say.

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did somebody tell you the phone had pinch and zoom before you bought and now you find out it doesn't? ? I knew it didn't have pinch and zoom when I bought it so no one cheated me.

zakany

Reaction score
Geesh. The Droid does support pinch-zoom. It's included browser doesn't, but there are other browsers - free browsers - you can install that do. You have a device that you control. Enjoy your freedom.

mikes

Reaction score
"Shrink" is also zoom (zoom out).
No. That might more correctly be called "inverse-zoom."

zoom (zm)
v. zoomed, zoom·ing, zooms
v.intr.
5. Computer Science To cause text or other graphics in a window or frame to appear larger on the screen.
- zoom - definition of zoom by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Of course, once a word is misused frequently enough, it takes on new meanings -
And only one for birthday presents, you know. There's glory for you!'

`I don't know what you mean by "glory",' Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. `Of course you don't -- till I tell you. I meant "there's a nice knock-down argument for you!"'

`But "glory" doesn't mean "a nice knock-down argument",' Alice objected.

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, `it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'

`The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many different things.'

`The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master -- that's all.'

The Miz

Reaction score
this is the one thing I miss from my iPhone...by the way I don't miss my iPhone at all, even though I am in the honeymoon stage as I just got my Moto Droid on Monday, I know I won't be having any buyer's remorse...

drewshaver

Reaction score
pin zoom FTW
[video=youtube;inTJRdG4zvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTJRdG4zvg[/video]
40 sec in

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Agreed with all the people who don't see the fascination with pinch zoom. I never used it on my iPod or on any iPhones.

OP

00bear

Reaction score
we were cheated

ur missing what im getting at ....its the same phone and this phone should do, be the best it could be in the android worl through updates ,whatever and the fact its the same phone some other country shouldnt get it with more specs this is the U.S baby the droid is a cool phone and i like ive had it since day 1 and if it came out ober there with that installed you know it works better th dolphin , picsaey who cares its the point i want my phone be the BEST IT CAN BE FROM THE GATE then we can update upgrade blah blah blah you get me !!!!!!!!!!!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Blame the US patent system. THe EU doesn't have to deal with it.

That said, you could always import a Milestone if it bugs you that much.

Of course, the Droid will most likely get 2.1 before the Milestone does ;)

drewshaver

Reaction score
not that i know of .. yet.. lets just hope the dev hears us and makes it less ugly

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
i think it has to do with something to do with that in america apple had rights to it. But now some htc's have it so I don't know why they don't activate it. Anyway, if you're rooted you can get the milestone's browser

Actually Im pretty sure Nokia had rights to multitouch around the world and then apple somehow got out of that lawsuit.

If I'm not correct apple has just copied everything from napsters mp3 players to windows and computers. Thats why I dont buy their products.:icon_eek: