Why did we get cheated

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by 00bear, Jan 22, 2010.

1. 00bear

00bear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why doe the milestone have the - pinch to zoom - and my droid dont other than 2.0.1 aint they exactly the same phone .

2. Stigy

Stigy Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    People speculate that Google did it as a favor to Apple to not include the multi-touch on the DROID.

No one knows for sure, but if you root the device you can use the Milestone browser with pinch to zoom on the DROID.

3. TheBobarazzi

TheBobarazzi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure that there won't be too many people responding to this question, as it's been talked about, to death.

I personally don't care for it (hate it really) on a phone...too much work to do the same thing as a tap or two, in one spot, can do... like the DROID does it.

Not to mention the increased smearing and fingering of the screen resulting from pinching and swiping.

I think that stuff is best used on track pads, and graphics tablets.

4. koralyne

koralyne Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try the dolphin browser, its got pinch and zoom (plus tabbed browsing =D)

5. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i think it has to do with something to do with that in america apple had rights to it. But now some htc's have it so I don't know why they don't activate it. Anyway, if you're rooted you can get the milestone's browser

6. TheBobarazzi

TheBobarazzi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you gotta have it on your browser, xScope lite (free) has is, and is much smoother than Dolphin (on my phone it was anyway).

7. mikes

mikes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know. Why do people call it "pinch to zoom," when it's really pinch to shrink and spread to zoom?

8. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand everyone's hangup on pinch to zoom. Is double tapping that much more difficult then pinching? Personally, I think it's easier and can be done with one hand, the other method is much more cumbersome.

9. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +363
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2

Guess Apple is returning the favor by dumping Google in favor of Bing. :)

BTW pinch n zoom is ok but I would not want it as my primary source of zoom. I like the the Eris browser has both.

10. mjs31

mjs31 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, double tapping is easier. I actually hate pinch/zoom and never understood the fascination of it. My goal is to keep smudges off the screen and also not have to use both hands to work the browser.

11. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pinch zoom gives you much finer control for zooming. With the double tap you can only zoom in set increments. That said I find it much more important for pictures (which is why I purchased MultiTouch Gallery Pro) than on web pages. The reason I use the Dolphin browser is for pinch zooming photos on facebook, google images,etc.

12. droidfannd

droidfannd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto from me. I don't get the hoopla over pinch to zoom. Sure...it looks snazzier than double tapping...but I've always found pinch to zoom on my iPod touch to be cumbersome and annoying.

And no one is being 'cheated.' They didn't advertise the DROID has having pinch to zoom.

If pinch to zoom was a deal breaker for anyone looking for a phone...they should have just opted to buy a phone that advertised pinch to zoom as an available feature.