why did verizon take so nany things out

Speedy3

Reaction score
I think they were referring to "Blocking Mode"

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
dial *611, they will block any number for free (at least they have for me anyways).

TheOldFart

Reaction score
If you log into your Verizon account, you can block up to 5 phone numbers on each line for free. The block will stay on for 90 days, but you can then reset the block any number of times. They also have a service with much more control, but it costs $4.99 per month per line. It allows you to block up to 20 numbers without a reset and also allows you to control all the phones on that contract with respect to max money spent on downloads, max data used per month and controlling what hours a phone can be used. These are mainly to keep children from running up data and download costs and being on the phone during study hours or whatever. I just used the free call block on my home phone connect to block a fax that called me every 40 minutes.

OP
K

KGreis

Reaction score
Thats bot the point... the point is its a feature of the phone and they took it out

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thats bot the point... the point is its a feature of the phone and they took it out
Well if you're going to stick with Verizon then you better get used to your phones being modded by them. They do it with every phone they get.

OP
K

KGreis

Reaction score
I know it just pisses me off why cant they just leave phones be lol

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How else would they differentiate themselves from the competition? Who wants the most up-to-date phone on time, on time updates, and phones with all their intended features?

Seriously though, I have no idea why Verizon chooses to do the things they do, but thanks to the dev community there are workarounds.

OP
K

KGreis

Reaction score
I dont want to accidentally brick my phone so i dont usually mess with that