Why did it do this.

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by heavyvino, Sep 21, 2010.

1. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone just started rebooting for no reason, did it about 6 times.
    At the time I was listening to slacker radio.

I am running a med voltage 800mhz kernel and SS 4.7, phone was in my pocket screen off and headphones were pluged in.

After it rebooted the last time all 5 home screens were blank execpt for the superuser icon, that was not on any of my home screens before phone went goofy.

Should I wipe and restore. A wipe is a factory reset is it not.

2. ecfiffer

ecfiffer Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has this happened only the one time? I know with mine from time to time it doesn't want to multi-task. like if i'm running Slacker or Pandora and try to open FB or even email it will reboot on me. You shouldn't have to wipe and reload. I'd keep an eye on it and see if it comes back. And chances are that the big man him self will have release the new build.

3. mtz_gto

mtz_gto Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Only recently has something similar happen to me and its becoming quite often...

I will either unlock or exit out of an app by pressing home and all 5 screens are blank
    along with the adw quick buttons.

What ive found works best is just swiping from sreen to screen untill it comes back.
    I think this might be from storing the majority of my apps on the sd card and its not
    reading/updating from the sd card as quckly as if it were on the phone directly.

It has hard rebooted on me only a handful of times. This has been when the temp has been over 100 degrees and uninstalling a program from the stock settings menu.

I have the OTA update installed so im not sure what causes this or what the fix is.

I have not ever hard rebooted 5x's in a row while using SS 4.7... This problem sounds like a kernal issue

Check this thread out http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

The sum of kernals and being used with our phones I got was that not all of our phones are exactly the same.
    Some of the kernals respond differently and our phones can only handle so much, some more than others.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help.