1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why diagonal line on notification icon?

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by rbyham, Nov 7, 2012.

1. rbyham

rbyham New Member

I like to use the mute/sound/vibrate on the notification bar to cycle from vibrate to sound. It seems to work fine. In other words it does what I want but I notice that in all three toggle versions of the icon there is a diagonal line which typically indicates all sound muted. Is there some setting that will remove the line form the icon? Thanks.
  2. MrBunster

MrBunster New Member

Mine looks like that too. The line indicates that the sound is muted. Notice, however, that the toggle indicator is off (not glowing) when the phone sound is ON. So, in that state, the indicator is basically telling you that the sound is not, not on. Make sense?

Hard to explain with my thumbs.
  3. rbyham

rbyham New Member

Thanks. I think I am following the logic. But what sound being off is it referring to? If I hit volume rocker while watching the icon the line stays. So it must be some other sound I have turned off.

Complicated.

This and setting unique vibe patterns for email, text, and phone are my biggest challenge with ICS right now.
Search tags for this page
android circle with line symbols

android status bar circle diagonal line

android status bar icon circle diagnal line

android symbol citcle with diagonal line

circle with diagonal line gs3
circle with line

htc symbol diagonal line with

line through galaxy s3 sound icon
s4 status icons circle with diagonal line
samsung galaxy s3 notification symbols
symbol on s3 with a circle and diagonal line through it