Why cant we get 4.4?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My god Debbie Downer... I'll bet you $20 we get Kit Kat.

You're starting to make me feel bad for and sad for you. Poor guy.
OK Not really...
Why am I not surprised you don't use Google Now? I use mine daily. All I wanted was Jelly Bean for that and I love it so much. Siri isn't even in the same class. I'm guessing you don't know half of what it can do.

Oh... and read this before you accept my bet:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ak-test-program-droid-razr-m-kitkat-test.html

Yea... the RAZR M... which is the same family as our phone. Stands to reason they would test KK on the weakest model.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess Google Now is ok, pretty much the only reason I was excited to go to JB.

Its pretty stupid having to say "OK Google", ok what? Why not just say "Google"

And I have NO CLUE as to what a "soak test" lol, except for the fact I know we got "soaked" after 4 months into owning this thing....

images.jpg

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
YOU got soaked. I still LOVE my phone. It's FANTASTIC!
Are you really now whining because you have to say OK first? Really Jimmy? :p
Look man... eventually all these phone are going to support TOUCHLESS activation like the MotoX and the 3 Droids that came after ours. Since Google is practically a verb in our vernacular now there must be SOMETHING besides JUST saying Google to activate it.

A soak test is a beta test to a select few people to test out a new software roll out.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
No, it wasnt just me who got soaked, look around, a lot of problems are consistent:

-Slow screen response time
-Lag
-SD Card Error
-Battery gets hot when "multitasking"
-Battery is great, when on Stand by, not as good as it was hyped up to be when actually using the phone
-Camera is a no brainer
-VZW Bloatware slows the phone down and takes up room

Look, your phone is rooted, so we dont really have the same phone. I am not willing to void the warranty to delete useless VZW crap.

Also, for me, its a yes or no to 4.4. Could not care less about a soak test, nor what it possibly "might" mean. And of course they will test it out on the weakest of the 3, the Droid M to see if its stable enough, if so, then they will most likely roll out 4.4. But just the fact they have to do this, is a mega fail if you ask me. I rather not get it. iPhone6 is coming out soon anyway, I "might" just have to go with the device thats dependable out of the box.

Long story short, its a FACT the ratio of these phones that perform poorly is higher than normal.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And of course they will test it out on the weakest of the 3, the Droid M to see if its stable enough, if so, then they will most likely roll out 4.4.

I'm curious as to what makes the RAZR M "weaker" than other RAZR models?

smuckers

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly... It's exactly the same except memory, size, and resolution if I'm not mistaken...

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I also agree.
Since a new update is released annually I at the very least expect, nay demand, 2 OS updates over the life of my phone. I do not think that is asking to much. You make me sign a 2 year contract, the least you can do is suport the device for 2 years. Beyond that, I don't care.

I bought an Asus Transformer and have received 3 OS updates. 3.
I had a HTC Droid Incredible 2. It got one update. Promised a 2nd but never happened. I will not buy another HTC.
I bought a Moto Razr HD. Got one OS update and is now pretty much "end of life". Seriously? This will be my last Motorola phone.
Samsung is one of the best at rolling updates, and oh look... the market is rewarding them.
My next phone will be a Samsung or a Sony...
I speak with my dollars. As we all should.

Sammy, good at updates?... Remember the Galaxy Nexus? You know the one that was supposed to get direct support from Google

Google dropped offical support in less than 2 months after the initial release, Sammy screwed the CDMA users on the "Car Dock", Verizon stopped any updates well before the end of the two year contracts on the phones expired.

Not to mention the crappy radios and poor volume on the speaker, and even the vibration for notifications was paltry at best, even though the phone is more than capable of running kit kat on it the last of us holdouts will only see kit kat from the dev community. It's all a moot point for me right now as I am just waiting on more reviews to come in on the HTC one m8 before I go out and get it. I'm looking forward to being able to hear my phone gain when notifications come in while it is in my pocket and know that something has arrived.

As much as I love moto radios the moto x just didn't do it for me and they seem to be lacking on innovation and features which initially enticed me off of a "dumb phone" with the OG Droid of which I still have the original one that I picked up a couple of days after the launch even though it took a beating over the years it is still going , my wife used it for a while as her mp3 player, it now does duty as my internet radio connected to an amp in my mancave.

Read the sig, I mean it Sammy the last 2 years of dealing with a crap phone that broke all of the promises and hype leading up to it. Never Again Sammy... Never Again.

|
|
|
V

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Sammy, good at updates?... Remember the Galaxy Nexus? You know the one that was supposed to get direct support from Google

Google dropped offical support in less than 2 months after the initial release, Sammy screwed the CDMA users on the "Car Dock", Verizon stopped any updates well before the end of the two year contracts on the phones expired.

Not to mention the crappy radios and poor volume on the speaker, and even the vibration for notifications was paltry at best, even though the phone is more than capable of running kit kat on it the last of us holdouts will only see kit kat from the dev community. It's all a moot point for me right now as I am just waiting on more reviews to come in on the HTC one m8 before I go out and get it. I'm looking forward to being able to hear my phone gain when notifications come in while it is in my pocket and know that something has arrived.

As much as I love moto radios the moto x just didn't do it for me and they seem to be lacking on innovation and features which initially enticed me off of a "dumb phone" with the OG Droid of which I still have the original one that I picked up a couple of days after the launch even though it took a beating over the years it is still going , my wife used it for a while as her mp3 player, it now does duty as my internet radio connected to an amp in my mancave.

Read the sig, I mean it Sammy the last 2 years of dealing with a crap phone that broke all of the promises and hype leading up to it. Never Again Sammy... Never Again.

|
|
|
V

I too got "burned" with the VZW Galaxy Nexus debacle, but it's not Samsung's fault regarding the OTA updates. It's Verizon's certification process that held up and prevented updates from being sent out. Samsung is to blame for the low speaker volume and light vibration feedback, in addition to poor radios (sort of). However, I believe most of the issues to be caused by TI's awful OMAP processor that stopped receiving support long before the Galaxy Nexus stopped receiving support (if you recall, Samsung's Exynos processor had been used in the Galaxy Nexus' sister device, the Galaxy S2). TI's lack of support for their own relatively new processor within the Galaxy Nexus is what caused Google to stop updating all Galaxy Nexus'. All of the combined is what made the Galaxy Nexus, particularly on Verizon, a huge fail. It's simply time for people to move on from the Galaxy Nexus and purchase something newer.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I have insurance on it, so I believe it would be voided.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Motorola DROID RAZR HD Android 4.4 KitKat Update Has Arrived, Probably ? mCrunch

Motorola DROID RAZR HD Android 4.4 KitKat Update Has Arrived, Probably

Users of the Motorola Droid RAZR HD, RAZR Maxx HD and RAZR M are growing impatient. The phone manufacturer, Motorola has already promised the KitKat update to reach these devices but until today, there has yet to be a prompt for the update.

To make matters even worse, rival smartphones from other companies are already getting the KitKat as the Motorola RAZR users watch in envy. The pain will soon come to an end if an email is to be believed.

This email message comes from Motorola itself and was delivered to members of Motorola’s Feedback Network (MFN) to assist the company in doing some tests. There is nothing specific written like how it was when asked for soak tests. The email is sent to MFN members, who have provided a quality feedback in the past.

Other line of smartphones from Motorola like the Moto X and the DROID all run on a near-stock Android. This is totally different from the RAZR line as it got the OS created with Blur efforts which make things much more complicated.

This could be the reason for the delay. Users can expect Motorola to deliver its promise once the tests are done and dealt with.

As you can see, there are a lot of people waiting for KK... not just me. If it delivers what its supposed to, the phone might be less lagtastic!

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have insurance on it, so I believe it would be voided.

Insurance is not voided in any way for rooting or tinkering of any kind. It's just the manufacturer's warranty that gets voided if they discover that you have rooted or altered your device's firmware. Seeing as your manufacturer's warranty has been expired for months now, you have nothing to worry about. But your insurance certainly doesn't get voided for rooting or anything of the such.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Insurance is not voided in any way for rooting or tinkering of any kind. It's just the manufacturer's warranty that gets voided if they discover that you have rooted or altered your device's firmware. Seeing as your manufacturer's warranty has been expired for months now, you have nothing to worry about. But your insurance certainly doesn't get voided for rooting or anything of the such.

Thnx!