Why cant we get 4.4?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Still no 4.4..... seriously? There is absolutely NO conformity with the Android OS. None. This is a fail for the OS. I wont even call it "open sourced" anymore due to all the limitations it has now. "Sorta Open Sourced" is more like it. LOL, I was reading an article the other day on Yahoo how to "make your Android run faster" and one was constantly wiping the cache and get this, another one was to remove "unwanted" widgets... widgets... you know the thing that makes the GUI on an Android so much more "attractive" then the iOS?

iOS8 will have widgets, and guess what, I better dollars to doughnuts it wont effect ANY performance what so ever, they could have done this LAST year and they still would not create a problem.

Anyway, the 4.4 thing to me is a clear representation of how sloppy the OS's ecosystem is. Apple comes out with an update, EVERYONE GETS IT ON ANY NETWORK, ANY PHONE OR TABLET (within 3 years it seems so far, if my iPad2 can handle iOS8 it will further confirm my theory).

4.4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
If widgets update they will have an effect on performance in iOS8. Not all devices running iOS7 perform equally well. The Android OS is open sourced but unlike Apple, it's not a single vendor with 7devices to support. I doubt my iPad2 will run iOS8. If it does it won't be optimal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The iPad2 will certainly not support 8. How on Earth do you know ios8 will support widgets? You an Apple insider Jimmy? I personally don't think Apple will ever support Android type widgets. Maybe a Weather icon that displays the temp right on it. Bet that's about the extent. I mean, my god, we are on revision 7 and you STILL can't arrange the icons any way you want? Really? This is the OS that you think blows Android away? Apple doesn't trust you enough to let you put a row of icons at the bottom of your screen? Or maybe a few on the sides?

And what does 4.4 have for you that is must have?? Just curious because a lot of folks DEMAND updates for the sake of getting an update... not because there is a must have feature. Example JB was must have for me because I wanted Google Now. But Kit Kat? Don't need it...
Obviously I think I know. You hope it will run better. Root your GD phone already!! hahaha I know you shouldn't have to but MAN it's nice.

Not to EVEN mention Google has now sold our beloved (lol) Motorola to Lenovo so all update schedules COULD be off the table. I would hope not but it's all uncertain now.

And the way you put quotes on "attractive". You REALLY think ios is more attractive then Android? No way man.

These phones are not for everyone. You need to go iPhone next time. I like all tech. Some people are iphone types. Others are Android types. I don't think either system sucks. They both have serious advantages.
The HTC one is fantastic. The LG G2 is awesome. The Moto X is a damn fine phone. Maybe it's finally taken this long for the stock devices to really hit their stride? To really catch up to the speeds the OS demands? If that's the case, I am more into Android then I've ever been.

GO GO ANDROID! :D

regedit

Reaction score
The iPad2 will certainly not support 8. How on Earth do you know ios8 will support widgets? You an Apple insider Jimmy? I personally don't think Apple will ever support Android type widgets. Maybe a Weather icon that displays the temp right on it. Bet that's about the extent. I mean, my god, we are on revision 7 and you STILL can't arrange the icons any way you want? Really? This is the OS that you think blows Android away? Apple doesn't trust you enough to let you put a row of icons at the bottom of your screen? Or maybe a few on the sides?

And what does 4.4 have for you that is must have?? Just curious because a lot of folks DEMAND updates for the sake of getting an update... not because there is a must have feature. Example JB was must have for me because I wanted Google Now. But Kit Kat? Don't need it...
Obviously I think I know. You hope it will run better. Root your GD phone already!! hahaha I know you shouldn't have to but MAN it's nice.

Not to EVEN mention Google has now sold our beloved (lol) Motorola to Lenovo so all update schedules COULD be off the table. I would hope not but it's all uncertain now.

And the way you put quotes on "attractive". You REALLY think ios is more attractive then Android? No way man.

These phones are not for everyone. You need to go iPhone next time. I like all tech. Some people are iphone types. Others are Android types. I don't think either system sucks. They both have serious advantages.
The HTC one is fantastic. The LG G2 is awesome. The Moto X is a damn fine phone. Maybe it's finally taken this long for the stock devices to really hit their stride? To really catch up to the speeds the OS demands? If that's the case, I am more into Android then I've ever been.

GO GO ANDROID! :D

Kit kat is a must for us Droid maxx HD users because of performance. This phone is horrible on JB as compared to any other phone on JB.

Sent from Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Thank you, thats why I want Kit Kat, and Pere, didnt YOU post something saying how beneficial it was to our phones?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Oh trust me, Apple already had widgets on their Macs way before Android, remember? The clock widget, the note widget, etc...

Why they never applied it to iOS I dont know, maybe to keep it simple?

Trust me, iOS8 will have widgets, and no, Im no insider.... dont mean I dont know people ;)

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'll bet you $10 the iOS8 does NOT get Android-type Widgets. No way does Apple allow that....

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. They might have a widget or two. They will not have widgets like Android.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I'll bet you $10 the iOS8 does NOT get Android-type Widgets. No way does Apple allow that....

Widgets slow the phone down and how many widgets do most of us really need? 5 at the most?

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Also, thinking about widgets... functionality wise, on a scale of 1-10, how "important" are they really? I mean, yeah, they look cool, like the circle widget is cool, for me, thats one of the only widgets I find somewhat useful, not a needed item though, all it really tells me is A. The time B. Battery. C. Weather outside my window which is never really correct anyway.

I use it for the alarm clock and to quickly see the temp outside.

Maybe CrApple knows these things eat battery and memory and serve not much to the user.

Ok, enough about widgets I guess.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My phone is FULL of Widgets and it doesn't slow mine down much if at all. Only when I reboot and it updates them all at once.

HD Widgets
Twitter
Facebook
Flipboard (x3)
Google+
Waze Widget
Google Now

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
4.4? 4.4? 4.4?

[video=youtube;f4zyjLyBp64]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zyjLyBp64[/video]

regedit

Reaction score
I will never buy a Motorola device ever again.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still like Moto. Actually like them more now that Google sold them. Maybe we will get SD Cards back.
The new Droid Line is fantastic. Y'Know the phone that replaced ours. And don't get me started on the Moto X.
LOVE that phone.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I will never buy a Motorola device ever again.

You know, its funny, when I got my HD in early Feb of 2013, I knew the phone had been out for a while, and I knew it replaced the RAZR (the first one), but, what I didnt know was that due to it being 5 months old, what I saw is is what I got as far as updates, I was immediately able to update it to JB, only reason was for the Google Now, which is pointless for the most part for me now.

From now on I will get a phone the day it comes out, should it be an Android ever again, and learned a lesson.

I bet dollars to donuts this phone will never see another update, and if so, it will be too late.

MEGA FAIL.