Why can't the new Androids be Overclocked?

patfactorx

Reaction score
The Droid 1 had a krazi amount of overclocks. Why don't any of the new HTC, LG, Moto or Samsung phones have substantial overclocking?

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because there is a limit... microprocessors can only go so high.

Sent From My Droid Without Spell Checker

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I think they've started getting away from underclocking them so much now.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Plus there really isn't need to over clock to 2ghz.. FSB is only so fast, so your write speeds won't increase.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Plus there really isn't need to over clock to 2ghz.. FSB is only so fast, so your write speeds won't increase.

Sorry read that wrong...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I think they've started getting away from underclocking them so much now.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

+1 The D1 was sent out underclocked to save on battery life which made it much easier and safer to overclock it a lot.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
another good reason our phones were underclocked is because they're really unpredictable, some people have trouble running @ 1ghz.

rctp10

Reaction score
This is why I love the D1....Everyone i work with is a DX owner or EVO and they all talk about how bad there phones are. They always laugh about how faithfull i am to my OG DROID and this thread is exactly why. None of these co-workers are rooters so they have no idea what the D1 is capable of, but now that i am running GB and still running smoother then blur and sense they are in awww to this beautiful work of masterpice i like to call "OG DROID". My phone runs best over 1ghz but i know every phone is defferent, exactly why i love this phone. Why cant moto understand that they have such a strong follow of customers because of the D1 and now they are going to make locked phones????????FFFFFFAAAAAAAIIIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!! I will never buy a locked phone so if moto is going to keep up this crap i will be jumping ship. If this happens this will be my first non moto phone.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
a non overclocked evo is so much better then a overclocked droid....

rctp10

Reaction score
I never compared the two i was just saying they couldn't believe my outdated droid had Gingerbread and was as smooth as there phones. My personal opinion on the Evo is meeehhh, i dont care for it but that is my opinion you can have your own. My droid however is capable of just about everything the evo is with root capabilities stock to stock there is no comparison Evo is newer tech. But root to root they are very similar with different looks.

rctp10

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Your D1 is not as smooth as those phones.[/QUOTE]

O BUT IT IS....If i may ask how would you know how well my phone runs? I know you have a D1 as well but not every D1 runs the same. I have a couple and can tell you right now from heavy rooting experience they all act different. O yea by the way i have rooted 3 Evo's, and i can still tell you that my opinion about my D1 is the same. Obviously this is your own opinion and mine, so lets not argue over this matter.

rctp10

Reaction score
I would NEVER trade my D1 for an EVO!

That makes 2 of us on this thread!....This is what i was trying to prove by making those statments earlier. Im sure we are not the only D1 owners who feel the same. dancedroid

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
i would trade my d1 + 100$ for the evo... but i think thats called switching from Verizon to sprint