Why can't people hear me??

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by shanook, Apr 20, 2013.

1. SnglGrma

SnglGrma Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it needs another suction trick then?
    I can't answer for the Verizon and Ebay question, Sorry.
    The only other thing is... when I do a factory reset, I do not back anything up on the phone and do not restore any backups when I come back up. I move my files manually to my computer before the reset. Then I let the phone wipe EVERYTHING.. SIM/memory card etc... included. This is because if it is a software (Apps) issue, you are backing up the issue and restoring it before you even know if that is the problem.

2. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    that's what i was thinking. i was going to skip the whole verizon part and probably just go through motorola. thanks for confirming that!

the suction trick was for the hearing part that goes on your ear when you talk to someone. This is a microphone issue and not the speaker part. I did a fresh restore and tried it without the SD card because i thought that would have been an issue. it certainly wasn't the case in this situation unfortunately. I'm going to give motrola a call on thursday when i have some time during business hours to contact them!

thanks everyone for all the great suggestions so far!

3. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I still have this problem =( no one (verizon or motorola) was any help

4. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,513
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2
    Its been happening to me too on my maxx, my wife's maxx, and my son's maxx.... Its network related I think..

Try a new simcard

5. IZATRIGHT

IZATRIGHT New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Your Droid X2 phone has 2 microphones. The is why people can hear you when on speaker but not on regular use. The mic on the front of your phone is the one you normally use when speaking. It is a very small hole that is located in the center of your phone just below the function keys near the bottom of the face of your phone. It is probably plugged up with dirt and /or other debris. Take a small knife point and pry the small rectangular face of the phone off that is covering the mic. It is a small plastic strip that covers the front mic and is about a 1/4 inch wide and the width of the face of your phone. You will see a very small silver looking device right in the center just below that cover. Take a Q tip and gently remove any debris that are covering the face of that component. That should solve the problem. If it does not, the mic can be replaced.

There is a cellphone repair store in my area called RETECH.They do wonders with cell phone repairs. Your local cell provider will pass off many easily resolved problems as a phone replacement necessity.

6. shanook

shanook Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have a droid 4. I only see one microphone on here.

Anyways, I really think it's the software. Stock updated jelly bean. I have a problem with my speaker, texts not being sent, and my emails aren't coming in unless I manually refresh it. And it automatically takes screenshots of my lock screen. I've checked all the settings. This phone is all buggy. I've done 2 hard resets on it.

Does anyone think rooting it would help?

Search tags for this page

droid razr people cant hear me

people cant hear me on droid razr

people cant hear me on my android

people cant hear me on my android phone
people cant hear me on my droid

people cant hear me on my droid razr

people cant hear me on my phone
people cant hear me when i call
why can't people hear me on my android phone
why cant people hear me on my android