1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why can't my home screen hold many icons?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mike62, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mike62

mike62 New Member

On my home screen I have the Droid default phone, contacts, browser, maps, market, and messaging. I have added Shazam, Battery check app, and Ringer Toggle. Battery and Ringer are half again larger apps.

When I tried to download Weather Channel I think it was it said I did not have enough space? I see screen shots of huge Weather Bug or Weather Channels displays and several apps what must I do? The slide up is FULL of preinstalled apps!

Also, let me ask I wanted 3 different wallpapers (for each screen) I read on here just now you can't do that with the Droid you only get the same spread landscape. One of the kind members did a road theme wallpaper for me....when I install will it be one paper three screens wide? Can I get it centered on my main?

Thanks for any help I can't seem to move forward because of this.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The screen is set to hold 4 'spots' per row... 4 rows.
    The big weather/clock widget takes all 4 'spots' in 2 rows. Just need that space available.

To answer your wallpaper question there is a way to do this. Download Home++. It's a home replacement app. Has a lot of features... one of which is the option to 'lock' your wallpaper view on one screen to be the same image you see on every screen. So yes u can have your one wallpaper on a home screen and not have it 'stretch' to all 3. Oh and by the way... Home++ gives you 4 home screens.
  3. mike62

mike62 New Member

Sounds great. Thank you for the information.
Search tags for this page

can only put 8 icons on new droid screen