1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Why can't my home screen hold many icons?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by mike62, Nov 30, 2009.

1. mike62

mike62 New Member

On my home screen I have the Droid default phone, contacts, browser, maps, market, and messaging. I have added Shazam, Battery check app, and Ringer Toggle. Battery and Ringer are half again larger apps.

When I tried to download Weather Channel I think it was it said I did not have enough space? I see screen shots of huge Weather Bug or Weather Channels displays and several apps what must I do? The slide up is FULL of preinstalled apps!

Also, let me ask I wanted 3 different wallpapers (for each screen) I read on here just now you can't do that with the Droid you only get the same spread landscape. One of the kind members did a road theme wallpaper for me....when I install will it be one paper three screens wide? Can I get it centered on my main?

Thanks for any help I can't seem to move forward because of this.
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

The screen is set to hold 4 'spots' per row... 4 rows.
    The big weather/clock widget takes all 4 'spots' in 2 rows. Just need that space available.

To answer your wallpaper question there is a way to do this. Download Home++. It's a home replacement app. Has a lot of features... one of which is the option to 'lock' your wallpaper view on one screen to be the same image you see on every screen. So yes u can have your one wallpaper on a home screen and not have it 'stretch' to all 3. Oh and by the way... Home++ gives you 4 home screens.
  3. mike62

mike62 New Member

Sounds great. Thank you for the information.
Search tags for this page

can only put 8 icons on new droid screen