Why can't it search contact?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I just must not understand how, why, and what that "Master Droid" title is, and where it came from.

Simple...Title depends on Amount of Posts......

vrrm

Reaction score
@isitkiller: I know your frustration. I use the Contact's Notes section extensively too. Not only does the Droid not search the Notes, it only displays about 8-10 lines. If you want to view the rest of the Note, you have to go to Menu -> Edit contact to view it. This is the first smartphone OS I've used that does this poorly.

BTW, I'm pretty agnostic with smartphone OS. I've used Palm (remember the Treo 270?), Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, iPhone, and now Android.

In my experience, the iPhone 3GS has the quickest search function.

village

Reaction score
droid contact search not same as google cont search

I love my Droid and I love Google's products, that said, I believe the droid search (and the google contact search) need some serious help. Droid's contact search is worse than google's contact search. The two searches are not consistent with each other.

Rather than restating the case, I would like to encourage you all to log in and vote for this android code issue by clicking the star to the left of the word ISSUE at the following address:

Issue 3732 - android - [Search] Improve contact search - Project Hosting on Google Code

Please do not add comments to the issue, unless you are helping to resolve the code issue. If you agree that the issue should be addressed, then simply click the star, do not, I repeat do not, add comments unless they contain technical help to resolve the issue. Thanks for starring it and moving it to the top of the list!

chdundrwd

Reaction score
@isitkiller I found an app that says it can do what you are wanting it is called Contact Search+ it is 99¢ in the market it is made by gnugu. I have never used it but the description describes what you are looking for. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

tranz

Reaction score
I bought Contacts+ yesterday, and it'll search anything and everything. It's pretty wierd getting my Droid to use it and do better searches, but it can be made to work. It's worth at least the buck I paid for it!

I'd like the people that wrote Contacts+ to be well paid for their work, but I still hope that Google improves their searching under Android in the next updates. It's not possible for a 3rd party app to integrate a vastly improved search into a native app like this one. Android isn't owned by Google, but it's influenced and controlled by them almost totally, wouldn't you say? Just like Google is more than just searching,,, theoretically. Everyone I've spoken to, and probably all consumers with any knowledge and experience with both PDAs and data search engines expects a bit better.

MJL

Reaction score
I also liked the Blackberry contact search, try the app "SuperDial" it is very similiar to blackberry and definitely better than the standard search, plus it is free.