Why can't I theme this?

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong and I definitely feel like a noob even bringing this up, but I'm using the update.zips and I've pushed modified frameworks and nothing, I'm at a loss. When I push the frameworks it goes into a boot loop and the update.zips show no change. Its not a big deal but i'm curious now on what is going on?

Last edited:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have the files in the right place in the update.zip?
How are you changing out .pngs? 7zip?

OP
c_hale22

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do you have the files in the right place in the update.zip?
How are you changing out .pngs? 7zip?

Yeah just like I've always done, I use apkmanager or for just png's I sometimes just open it through 7zip, throw in the new png's, close it, and use adb to push it over. I have done it this way on every rom I have ever used but this new rc is not cooperating with me.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
weird, sometimes pushing with adb doesn't work for me. If you use APK manager make sure you are using the right options.

I usually have greater success throwing the apks into a update.zip file and flashing through recovery...much eaiser IMO.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind if there is insufficient space in the system then the updated framework-res.apk will not take effect -

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Keep in mind if there is insufficient space in the system then the updated framework-res.apk will not take effect -

And some times you will ever lose Vending/Market...lol

roll3r

Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong and I definitely feel like a noon even bringing this up, but I'm using the update.zips and I've pushed modified frameworks and nothing, I'm at a loss. When I push the frameworks it goes into a boot loop and the update.zips show no change. Its not a big deal but i'm curious now on what is going on?

You're too low on /system space!

Uninstall system apps you don't use (either manually or with something like Titanium Backup).

OP
c_hale22

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I must be doing something wrong and I definitely feel like a noon even bringing this up, but I'm using the update.zips and I've pushed modified frameworks and nothing, I'm at a loss. When I push the frameworks it goes into a boot loop and the update.zips show no change. Its not a big deal but i'm curious now on what is going on?

You're too low on /system space!

Uninstall system apps you don't use (either manually or with something like Titanium Backup).

ah ha, makes sense. I'll give it a try. Thanks for all the help guys.