Why can't I theme the progress bar!?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by czerdrill, Jan 17, 2011.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Been trying everything but just keep getting errors. I'm trying to theme the progress bar. I'm opening res>drawable>progress_horizontal.xml after decompiling. I then change the last six values to the colors of my choice and decompile. All seems to work fine

When I flash however, the progress bar instead becomes my spinner from the framework and just spins...another time i tried it i just kept getting force closes...any help??

2. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    What ROM and are you deleting it from the keep folder after it compiles back up?

3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hex edit it instead.

4. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7

WOW.... Good to hear from ya man!!!!!...

5. CorCor67

CorCor67 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Can you post your decompiled & edited xml?

6. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi guys, sorry for the lack of response and thanks for your suggestions. The reason i was getting errors was because i was using the linux version of apk manager and its just outdated and full of bugs. once i used the windows version i was able to theme the progress bar with no problem...thanks to esotericchaos and bp328i for pointing it out for me :)

7. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    I use ubuntu 10.10 and have themed it using apkmanager to decompile many times...never had an issue. But that doesn't really matter, you got it to work so congrats!

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Really? very weird...that's what i use as well (hate windows) and couldn't get past the errors...something about public.xml not being defined or something...didn't get any errors like that in the windows version...

9. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Was it a whole bunch of image names with the xml errors?

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    no it seemed like it was pointing to xml files and saying the resource named here is not defined or something...i dont remember exactly though...i thought it was something with the 9.pngs so i replaced them with stock but the same deal...

in the windows version i didn't do anything to the 9.pngs and had no errors..

whats the latest linux version? maybe i'm just using an outdated one..?

11. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    4.3 is what I use...and ya to prevent the error decompile the apk before making your .9 edits...edit them while decompiled, then compile...maybe you missed a .9?...that or a typo in xml...hard to say without seeing the error

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    that's the version i use too...the funny thing is if i decompile it does so without any errors, but then if i try to recompile without making any changes at all it errors out.

on the windows version if i decompile and then recompile without changing anything it works fine...here is the error by the way...there are a ton just like these:

/home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:2054: error: Public symbol string/permlab_readSyncSettings declared here is not defined.
    /home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:2058: error: Public symbol string/permlab_readSyncStats declared here is not defined.
    /home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1962: error: Public symbol string/permlab_reboot declared here is not defined.
    /home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1928: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveBootCompleted declared here is not defined.
    /home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1828: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveMms declared here is not defined.
    /home/Desktop/apk_manager/other/../out/res/values/public.xml:1826: error: Public symbol string/permlab_receiveSms declared here is not defined

This is without changing anything. Just decompiling and immediately recompiling...and it's UD 3.0. Again, it works fine on the windows version...

If you could figure out what's going on it would be great. I've got windows running on a VM just for this, and would rather not ever have to use windows again haha

13. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Ya it looks like .9 problem...ud has edited .9s in there alredy...to get it to work right take a stock framework like sapphire, copy all the .9s from sapphire and put them into uds framework...then decompile the modified ud framework

14. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I think i tried that already but I may have missed a .9 like you said. I'll try again..but any reason why it would work in windows without doing all that and not in linux?

15. CorCor67

Ratings:
    +2
    Not sure, its been ages since I've used windows version of apkmanager...and my processor gave out on me last week so I can't even try to re-create the issue myself