why can't I personalize my notification sound?

manda333

Reaction score
I already have a sound on my phone that I want to use for my notification sound. It's in an mp3 format. When I long press on it, that option doesn't come up. It's in my music app, same thing, that option doesn't come up. It's saved to my SD card. Why can't I choose this sound?

newbroot83

Reaction score
What kind of phone do you have?

Have you tried going to settings, sound, notification sound, media storage and finding it?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I already have a sound on my phone that I want to use for my notification sound. It's in an mp3 format. When I long press on it, that option doesn't come up. It's in my music app, same thing, that option doesn't come up. It's saved to my SD card. Why can't I choose this sound?

You need to 'move' your specific song to your notification menu. Is your phone rooted?
This is probably the only way to perform this task, is to access your root files and locate the specific file or .apk your ringtones/notifications are located. I have MP3 files running as both ringtones and notifications on both the Droid X and the D2.
Our phones have the .ogg files, but I can a look so use any format that runs an audio file format, such as MP3 and possibly others as well.
Root your phone, and browse the files in root to locate the proper location, then find your preferred music files, then select and move them to your notification file.
You will need to reboot in order for the phone to find them.

newbroot83

Reaction score
My note 2 lets me put them as both without root

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2