Why can't i move apps to the SD Card?

JiggaGeazY

Reaction score
just got my droid x yesterday and one thing that i want to do is move stuff to the SD Card. I go into the App Manager and the option is greyed out on every app. Am I missing Something.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just got my droid x yesterday and one thing that i want to do is move stuff to the SD Card. I go into the App Manager and the option is greyed out on every app. Am I missing Something.

Are you running 2.2 or 2.1? You can't move apps unless your running 2.2.

I also noticed on my D2 that the moment I rooted I was able to move a lot more apps.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving to the X section where other X members will read and be able to provide support.

D

dankarlinski

Some apps cannot be moved at all. Download the apps2sd app from the market. Its listed as a dolphin addon, but it works as a standalone app. It will show you all the apps that can be moved and will move them for you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

the5barrons

Reaction score
Some apps cannot be moved at all. Download the apps2sd app from the market. Its listed as a dolphin addon, but it works as a standalone app. It will show you all the apps that can be moved and will move them for you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Running Root Explorer, which requires "root" on the DX allows you to move basically anything.

OP
JiggaGeazY

JiggaGeazY

Reaction score
yeah i understand some but not a single one can be moved. I have installed Iheartradio, app killer, Beautiful widgets, heavy gunner, asphalt 5, gangstar and others and not one can be moved. Seems more like a lock is on or something. Maybe it's just coincedence.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
why move em to the SD card when your phone has plenty of internal memory for a ton of apps, i say. plus you cant really use the internal memory for storing anything else besides contacts, email, texts, etc