Why can't I find a couple apps in market?

otter34

Reaction score
On my D1 I have quadrant standard and also netflix. Strangely I can't find either one in the marketplace. Aren't all markets the same? If I search on my D1 I can find both.

Also is there any way to turn the screen off while charging? I remember this being a problem on D1 at first. I have it set to turn off after 1 minute, but all that happens is the screen dims. It doesn't turn off.

edit: can I download netflix somewhere or does anyone have an .apk?

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score
On my D1 I have quadrant standard and also netflix. Strangely I can't find either one in the marketplace. Aren't all markets the same? If I search on my D1 I can find both.

Also is there any way to turn the screen off while charging? I remember this being a problem on D1 at first. I have it set to turn off after 1 minute, but all that happens is the screen dims. It doesn't turn off.

Otter,
Do you have a Thunderbolt, I just see you talking about the D1.

Netflix can be downloaded, but it will only work with the Gingerbread ROM's. Be careful about using the Gingerbread ROM's since there are phones bricking due to some issues with the antenna portion in Gingerbread for the Tbolt.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score

Otter,
Do you have a Thunderbolt, I just see you talking about the D1.

Netflix can be downloaded, but it will only work with the Gingerbread ROM's. Be careful about using the Gingerbread ROM's since there are phones bricking due to some issues with the antenna portion in Gingerbread for the Tbolt.

Sorry for the bad wording and thanks for the advice. I haven't rooted yet, but I understand thunder rom (?) is a good one.

I should have said that I can't find these apps in the market on my thunderbolt but I can find them on my D1. I have both

Technoman

Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere here that points to the Netflix that works with the Gingerbread ROM's. It states that it has the device check removed.

They have changed the market where APP's that are not listed for a certain device will not show up when searched with that device. You can usually test by using the Web based market and finding the APP, it checks device compatibility there also but will display for you.

Zog

Reaction score
Is there some sort of marketfix u can flash on a TB? Had that problem on my d2 awhile back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
The big thing is the device itself. The market online shows all the apps, but when u try to DL, it is greyed out, have u tried clearing the cache and rebooting? ( lol sorry I work with the android market team and I can't help it ) sometimes a factory data reset is a solution ( hopefully not) the netflix app was removed by either netflix or google due to some bugs with GB, so just be patient.:) hope that helps

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MrHatchi87

Reaction score
As for quadrant standard, I can look that up when I head into work ( just pm me and I can get back to you ) :)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums