why can't google music and motorola work together?

Tracey4

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my google music show up in the stock music app? I like the stock one because it is the default app for my car dock and it streams lyrics. I already downloaded the google music to make it available offline. Shouldn't it download directly to my sd card? Instead I find it on the internal storage in a cache folder where no song names or any info is saved. Instead the songs are listed as numbers. I am so frustrated! Seriously this seems like something that should be simple and it's not. It's ridiculous! Does anyone know anything about this? If not does anyone know if this I'd easier in ice cream sandwich? Thanks for any help.

SallyC

Reaction score
Is there a way to make my google music show up in the stock music app? I like the stock one because it is the default app for my car dock and it streams lyrics. I already downloaded the google music to make it available offline. Shouldn't it download directly to my sd card? Instead I find it on the internal storage in a cache folder where no song names or any info is saved. Instead the songs are listed as numbers. I am so frustrated! Seriously this seems like something that should be simple and it's not. It's ridiculous! Does anyone know anything about this? If not does anyone know if this I'd easier in ice cream sandwich? Thanks for any help.

Go here and star this (saving to an external SD card) as a feature you would like. You can also get email notifications when/if it changes.

JJDH

Reaction score
that's how Google stores the music on all devices. Download cloud sniper from the market.

Sent with Gnex on the green tap

km75

Reaction score

Unfortunately this is just the way it is with Google Music. Try OFFLINE MUSIC IMPORTER from the market. It works in conjunction with Google Music and should be exactly what you are looking for.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's replies. I'm glad to know this isn't something that only I am worried about. I'm trying out the offline music importer now so hopefully that will work well. I wonder if Google purposely made it this way so people would be forced to use their app only? I would be fine with that if it was my stock app that uses motocast, shows lyrics, etc, but it's not so that is their own fault!

mikeyd08

Reaction score
This is something I've wondered about. I'm also trying offline music importer. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-P7510