Why are there no "How to" books on Nexus? iphone has them!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by GenieAngel, Dec 24, 2011.

1. brad92

brad92 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +17
    my ipod touch came with a terrible quick start guide. My Droid X came with a quick start guide. It took me a day or so to get comfortable with Android since it was my first smartphone.

Encounter ICS

2. jleeusa

jleeusa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Its not about being smarter or dumber. Its preference. Some prefer a cell phone that does what is says it will do and that's its it. I would have my mom get that one. Others prefer the one that they chose and the one that changes for them and with them. That's the one I suggest for my friends that want to step just outside the box. We have all read some pretty unbiased, smart posts from iphone owners and some bad ones from our own community. Shoot we even fight amongst our selves from Razor to Resound to Gnex. Let bygones be bygones. Nexus is best of course... for me. Happy holidays Droid forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

3. Nubbie

Nubbie Member

Ratings:
    +3
    iphone has how to books patented.

If droid made one they would be sued.

4. xeene

xeene Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,190
    generally speaking, android owners are more tech savvy then iphone owners. same way that windows is for everyone, linux isn't. you've got to have some pc knowledge to use linux.

5. TheOldFart

TheOldFart Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    The type of phone, phone OS, computer or computer OS that a person uses has no correlation to intelligence. Some very intelligent people have more important things to do than use every feature of a device if they have no need for that feature or mod the device or OS for no reason to them. Just because someone roots an Android device, it does not automatically make them more intelligent than someone who does not or uses an iPhone or just a simple phone. If someone needs to show their intelligence by bragging that they mod something just for no particular reason then perhaps they are not quite as intelligent as they think they are. Some people need to impress their friends by owning an iPhone. Others have to impress their friends by showing that they rooted and ROMed their Android phone. If they were truly intelligent they would not have to prove it in those ways. Do you think that Einstein would have modded his phone if they existed back then? I doubt it. He had much more important things to accomplish.

6. akhi216

akhi216 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Don't worry. Sooner or later there will be Galaxy Nexus for Dummies and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Galaxy Nexus books. Every smartphone gets one.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

7. scott craft

scott craft Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I wouldn't think it would be too much trouble to put a link to a user manual in the browser similar to what the iPhone has. The majority of the time it isn't needed but sometimes it comes in handy.
    Sent from my Windows 7 Phone using Board Express

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Bingo

9. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Everybody knows you have to be a scientist to use an android.

10. Insidious

Insidious Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ill admit, the people who are not as tech saavy seem to have harder time becoming acquainted to Android due to the amount of features. Honestly, I reccomend just taking time and playing around. That's what I did and found a lot of nifty features. Also, great websites like Droid Forums, and Android Central have helped me alot. The iPhone is also more universally popular than the Nexus. (Its been out alot longer, and its a unified platform).

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    Einstein is still alive and was the first one to mod the Galaxy Nexus... don't you follow this stuff??:icon_ devil:

12. SSHGuru

SSHGuru Silver Member

Ratings:
    +30
    By the way, Apple's strategy for their IPhone are to make them so the user cannot mess them up. They are made for people who don't want to modify anything and just want it to work.

Of course it has nothing to do with intelligence in general however perhaps technical intelligence. I've met some very smart people on these forums.

Search tags for this page
dummies.com galaxy nexus 4.2

galaxy nexus for dummies

galaxy nexus guide for dummies
nexus for dummies
why are there no instructuins with the nexus 5