Why are there no "How to" books on Nexus? iphone has them!

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I dunno I think correlating your phone choice with intelligence shows opposite the intended effect.

you didn't read what i said...I correlated tech "intelligence" with phone choice. People who aren't tech savvy tend to be drawn to iphones. Not always but in general.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
you didn't read what i said...I correlated tech "intelligence" with phone choice. People who aren't tech savvy tend to be drawn to iphones. Not always but in general.

What are you basing this on, that's my point. You're just stating something with no data to back it up. I personally don't believe intelligence (tech or otherwise) has anything to do with the phone you choose. But for those who do, this article http://blog.hunch.com/?p=51781 shows you guys might be completely wrong anyway...according to their survey iphone users are smarter, richer and also more feminine haha.

Like I said, I don't think it has anything to do with your tech intelligence, but let's not all assume that android users are some super smart awesome geniuses. The limited data that's available shows otherwise.

Last edited:

GoBears

Reaction score
Like I always say... Phones aren't getting smarter, the average user is just getting more dumb!

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
What are you basing this on, that's my point. You're just stating something with no data to back it up. I personally don't believe intelligence (tech or otherwise) has anything to do with the phone you choose. But for those who do, this article Hunch Blog | Android vs. iPhone: Battle of the Mobile Operating Systems shows you guys might be completely wrong anyway...according to their survey iphone users are smarter, richer and also more feminine haha.

Like I said, I don't think it has anything to do with your tech intelligence, but let's not all assume that android users are some super smart awesome geniuses. The limited data that's available shows otherwise.

It's just my opinion based on what I've seen. (anecdotal evidence)
I didn't say that android users are all smarter than iphone users, your inferring that, I'm really not even talking about android users at all. Do you know what the term "in general" means?

Let me try again....My observation is that many iphone users (not all) often tend to be less tech savvy, not less intelligent overall, just less interested in tech, (outside of apple products anyway).... Apple products are in a very controlled ecosystem that doesn't require the user to be as tech savvy to make use of them to their fullest. Therefore people who aren't as tech savvy tend to be drawn that direction, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not well versed in classic literature, I don't feel unintelligent because of that, it's just not something I'm interested in or care to take the time to read/learn about. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm not pc though so sometimes I come off that way, sorry if I offended you.

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just my opinion based on what I've seen.
I didn't say that android users are smarter than iphone users, your inferring that. Do you know what the term "in general" means?

Let me try again....My observation is that many iphone users (not all) often tend to be less tech savvy, not less intelligent overall, just less interested in tech, (outside of apple products anyway).... Apple products are in a very controlled ecosystem that doesn't require the user to be as tech savvy to make use of them to their fullest. Therefore people who aren't as tech savvy tend to be drawn that direction, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm not well versed in classic literature, I don't feel unintelligent because of that, it's just not something I'm interested in or care to take the time to read/learn about. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm not pc though so sometimes I come off that way, sorry if I offended you.

No offense taken and thanks for the clarification that it's just an opinion. Some ppl actually do believe that it's fact, when it's just an opinion and a unsound one at that. I own android phones only, consider myself intelligent, but don't think a whole group of users is "generally" less savvy then me simply because I have nothing to base that inference on.

My observation is there is no difference between the users in general. On forums of course android users and apple users think they're both smarter, but "in general", the average smartphone user knows nothing about tech or how their phone works. if they did, "outdated" phones like the iphone wouldn't be so successful, and "much better" phones like the android phones would be crushing iphone in sales.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My observation is there is no difference between the users in general. On forums of course android users and apple users think they're both smarter, but "in general", the average smartphone user knows nothing about tech or how their phone works. if they did, "outdated" phones like the iphone wouldn't be so successful, and "much better" phones like the android phones would be crushing iphone in sales.

Doesn't that prove his theory somewhat true?

I don't necessarily agree and think it's impossible to ever know, but with you saying the average consumer is buying outdated iphones with better android devices available, wouldn't that lead one to believe android users on average would be more tech savy based on that fact alone?

We'll never know honestly and since more people are using android devices, I imagine the lower intelligence level will swing our way soon, if it hasn't already.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Doesn't that prove his theory somewhat true?

I don't necessarily agree and think it's impossible to ever know, but with you saying the average consumer is buying outdated iphones with better android devices available, wouldn't that lead one to believe android users on average would be more tech savy based on that fact alone?

We'll never know honestly and since more people are using android devices, I imagine the lower intelligence level will swing our way soon, if it hasn't already.

Well no I put "outdated" and "much better" in quotes for a reason: those terms are subjective and mean different things for different ppl. We can say that better hardware means better phone, but is poor battery life better? On the other side, we can say ios is more fluid then android, but isn't 512mb of ram "so two years ago"? There's no way to make "better" and "outdated" a tangible experience. It'll always be an opinion.

What's actually happening is ppl are buying phones because they need a phone. Contrary to the beliefs on forums (apple forums included), ppl are not sitting down doing hrs of research before getting a phone. Rather they're walking into a Vzw (or whatever carrier) store and picking what they think looks the best.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Do ppl with android phones really believe they're more intelligent then those with iphones? Lol....that sounds like a complex

Hell yeah, just go out and observe some of the iPhone users. Not saying all of them are, some are really bright people and I can see why they choose a sleek mobile OS like iOS, but there are some that are borderline retarded and they choose iOS cause it's the only OS that won't give them a cerebral aneurysm while trying understand it, these people are dropping the intelligence average for iPhone users way under the the one for Android.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, just go out and observe some of the iPhone users. Not saying all of them are, some are really bright people and I can see why they choose a sleek mobile OS like iOS, but there are some that are borderline retarded and they choose iOS cause it's the only OS that won't give them a cerebral aneurysm while trying understand it, these people are dropping the intelligence average for iPhone users way under the the one for Android.

I agree but that only works if you're suggesting that the same type of ppl don't use android. They do. And again, anecdotal evidence means nothing.

I can say in my observations all the iphone owners I know are nobel laureates....means nothing.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
my ipod touch came with a terrible quick start guide. My Droid X came with a quick start guide. It took me a day or so to get comfortable with Android since it was my first smartphone.

Encounter ICS

jleeusa

Reaction score
Its not about being smarter or dumber. Its preference. Some prefer a cell phone that does what is says it will do and that's its it. I would have my mom get that one. Others prefer the one that they chose and the one that changes for them and with them. That's the one I suggest for my friends that want to step just outside the box. We have all read some pretty unbiased, smart posts from iphone owners and some bad ones from our own community. Shoot we even fight amongst our selves from Razor to Resound to Gnex. Let bygones be bygones. Nexus is best of course... for me. Happy holidays Droid forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Nubbie

Reaction score
iphone has how to books patented.

If droid made one they would be sued.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
generally speaking, android owners are more tech savvy then iphone owners. same way that windows is for everyone, linux isn't. you've got to have some pc knowledge to use linux.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
The type of phone, phone OS, computer or computer OS that a person uses has no correlation to intelligence. Some very intelligent people have more important things to do than use every feature of a device if they have no need for that feature or mod the device or OS for no reason to them. Just because someone roots an Android device, it does not automatically make them more intelligent than someone who does not or uses an iPhone or just a simple phone. If someone needs to show their intelligence by bragging that they mod something just for no particular reason then perhaps they are not quite as intelligent as they think they are. Some people need to impress their friends by owning an iPhone. Others have to impress their friends by showing that they rooted and ROMed their Android phone. If they were truly intelligent they would not have to prove it in those ways. Do you think that Einstein would have modded his phone if they existed back then? I doubt it. He had much more important things to accomplish.

akhi216

Reaction score
Don't worry. Sooner or later there will be Galaxy Nexus for Dummies and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Galaxy Nexus books. Every smartphone gets one.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums