Why are Root threads sprinkled in Thunderbolt thread?

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Most of us just want use of the product as it was released. Isn't there a thread for hacking the unit?

General chat and questions seem to be inundated with folks who are comfortable with hacking their phones (and voiding their warranties and trial periods).

I am not a mod, but I see threads moved all of the time. I have never chosen to hack my phones. To those that have that kind of time, God bless you.

It just seems to me that hacking topics should stay on hacking threads. Some of us just want help with our stock phones.

Am I the only one?

cpjr

Reaction score
There is a TB hacks forum, so all those threads should be in that forum.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Almighty Linux gave us the gift of Android and his commandment was to keep it open source . If you are not rooting your Android you are using it wrong . Rooting is part of what Android is so it should be common discussion for any Android General Chat section .

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Chances are root users wouldn't post 95% of the threads that are in the HTC Thunderbolt subforum because we would have the knowledge to work around those problems or concerns. So for that reason, I'd like rooting questions to stay in the hacks section because it will be a much smaller subforum as oppose to the HTC Thunderbolt subforum.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Rooting is a HUGE part of the android experience. I know for a fact many of us, including myself got the tbolt specifically because it is so easily hacked. I agree though, in general rooting topics should be in the rooting sub forums if only because that's where those questions will be most easily answered. But don't get bent out of shape at any mention of rooting, romming, overclocking etc. (dont think I haven't seen your sarcastic, unnecessary posts in root-centric threads...). As I said, rooting is part of android. It's what makes us a community. And its what makes android the best mobile os around so don't hate.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of us just want use of the product as it was released. Isn't there a thread for hacking the unit?

General chat and questions seem to be inundated with folks who are comfortable with hacking their phones (and voiding their warranties and trial periods).

I am not a mod, but I see threads moved all of the time. I have never chosen to hack my phones. To those that have that kind of time, God bless you.

It just seems to me that hacking topics should stay on hacking threads. Some of us just want help with our stock phones.

Am I the only one?
We are all volunteers and we try to keep the threads as clean as possible. Sorry about the mess at times.

evereddie

Reaction score
We are all volunteers and we try to keep the threads as clean as possible. Sorry about the mess at times.
No need for sorry. I think the mods are doing a great job. The mods handled it well when there was a real overload from people that had TDD and got in a posting frenzy waiting for the release of the Thunderbolt.
(TDD = Thunderbolt deficit disorder)