Why are people mad that verizon is getting the iphone?

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by rage813, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    and in the case of the D1, which i have and love, you have to overclock it. i honestly could not imagine going to 550 stock speed after i've seen how responsive it could be overclocked. i can honestly say if i didn't root my D1, i would hate it

2. MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the iphone 4 for about a week and I couldn't adjust to iOS, the lack of a physical keyboard and atts really crappy service is what made me want to exchange the phone for an ipod touch. Im glad to see the iphone on other carriers to give people the option of what carrier to go with rather then having to settle with att.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

3. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +62
    mjforte, it baffles me too..

jkhonea, Is the only option to root and tweak it? Cant you get an extended battery? An extended battery is an option too...

Or is the battery life on the Inc. so bad even an extended battery wont help it?

4. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2,089
    I had an iphone 3gs and I used the droid and the iphone the same and I had to charge them up at about the same point. Maybe I am different but that is real.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    I've got the 2150 for it and the phone would still eat it up. Trust me, it has to be tweaked.

6. Aram58

Aram58 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FT

7. jkhonea

jkhonea DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20

8. rage813

rage813 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At&t is barely hanging on only because of atrix 4g

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

9. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^They still have Sony Ericsson.... lawlz

10. MrsTokyo

MrsTokyo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And more people means more pleasing the people, WHICH MIGHT MEAN CHEAPER PLANS!!!!!!! win/win

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +379
    Depends on how hard you push it. I tried to convince some people on other non-tech forums to root and overclock with the battery savings and all....They had no interest...For them, the D1 worked perfectly fine and was plenty smooth and fast. To some extent, the D1 is certainly a victim of the ability to customize. And Froyo was a huge upgrade - a D1 on Froyo is pretty rock solid if you use the phone like probably how 80% of people do.

12. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Very weird indeed. To be honest, before I rooted (which was for about a month) I was getting extremely frustrated with my D1. Total lag in menus, redraws that were unbearable, slow loading of apps, everything just slow. Once I rooted, no complaints. I love my phone and am not going to trade it for anything unless I'm 100% sure it's the right one.

I know they say every phone is different, but I would think people would experience the same thing on a stock D1...who knows.

Regardless, I'm running Gingerbread on my D1, and couldn't be happier. At 1.2Ghz, this thing is a beast, and battery life is awesome.

13. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +379
    Funny, my experience is kind of the opposite. Had the phone maybe a week, flawless and no issues. Then I started exploring alternate home launchers to really tweak to my liking (which, oddly, I've never done on my PC)...Started getting force closes and some conflicts with apps not playing nice.

Rooted about a month after getting the phone and never really looked back. Then I got deep into Sweeterhome and pushed my D1 well beyond its capability. Some tweaks and compcache have it working pretty good now, but the lag/responsiveness can be bad at times.

I have only a few very minor complaints otherwise. And the D1 doesn't compare to the IP4 - out 8 months before then and less ram, slower CPU, etc...But how does it compare to the IP3?

14. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    ... another reason to be upset.... Apple is prohibiting VZW from pre-loaded any software/apps (ie crapware/bloatware) on the iPhone.

Why do they get special treatment and VZW has always loaded/pushed software to devices for as long as I can remember?

Proof that Apple is going to dictate to VZW how they will run their business... sad sad.

15. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +60
    What did you expect Martin. Apple is a big bully. Nuff said.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html
    2.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html
    3.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.