Why are people mad that verizon is getting the iphone?

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by rage813, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some members, including myself....either use or will use an iPhone along side with their android. Is nice to have a place to post and not go somewhere else. Makes perfect sense. Hell there are off-topic forums that discuss anything not android, anyone complaining about them?

As already stated, no one is making use that forum.

2. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ^+1000, understandable before the announcement (when it was a rumor) and before the development of the support forum (which is now live).... Time to shut it down on the DROID forum unless there are specific needs (i.e. converts needing help ect.).

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Because the admin wants it and is keeping the iPhone posts out of the general forum. I believe that reason is good enough. Answer me this, if it bothers you so bad, why do you not just ignore it?

By the way, there will be many people on here that will own both phones, I'm one of them. Both are good. There are cross platform connections. It will die down and the iPhone 4 forum will continue to grow, but posts like yours fan the flames and help keep people posting in the subforum.

It's really not that much of a hardship to skip it.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    We had to do it. We have had so many threads on this we had to do something with them.

Face it a lot of people are interested in the iPhone and want to discuss Android v iPhone. If they insist on doing this, and they do then we needed to set up an area for them. Otherwise we will have it all over the Forum.

I've moved at least 4 threads from other parts of the Droid Forums just today and closed up some too.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    For the last time, if you don't like the iPhone posts and threads, STOP READING THEM. It isn't that friggin' hard!

6. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Simple: df is a business and they know people want to discuss the iPhone. I said it before and I'll say it again, the iPhone almost dictates that you have to create a subforum for it. Not because it's some superior phone but because the hype for it is unmatched and will never be matched by any android phone no matter what its specs. I mean at 11 today, how many people were refreshing a website every minute to hear an announcement about the phone...and, how many people were refreshing a website during CES? I'm 100% certain the iPhone crowd was VERY much larger.

this subforum is here because if it wasn't the main part of the forum would be filled with questions about the iphone. i think the mods did a good thing. there's no way to avoid these threads so give them a little section.

if this section was deleted everyone is not suddenly going to run over to the sister site. theyll just post in the main area and clutter it up. you can't avoid iphone threads or iphone topics. that's just what it is.

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If we did that they still would post. We are trying to at least contain it.

8. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^^^ it is a small improvement from posting iPhone stuff in Droid news.... I'm gonna find an iPhone equivalent of DF & see if they have an overactive Droid section..... anyone know of one? I tried icanhazproprietaryportsforchargingagain.net & lolphones.com

9. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Exactly what I just said haha...you can't shut it down, because the main site would be cluttered. There is no way to contain the iPhone hype by simply ignoring it.

10. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    There's a difference. No iphone-centric site needs a droid section because the hype is not there.

11. UNC

UNC Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    They still pay out the nose for iPhone subsidies... I'm sure they also have some sort of timed exclusivity with either the iPhone, the iPad, or both. (my guess is iPad)

On an aside Apple had to make this deal, Verizon has already paid the R&D costs for a CDMA iPhone, which opens up China for a possible iPhone landing...

12. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +4,843

I dont understand why people are making a deal over a device. I have an ipod touch over here right now and am thinking about getting an ipad..but I prefer the droid phone over the iphone....it is what it is. Just keep it calm people with iphones and family members with iphones should be able to come here and discuss it with out registering on a new forum. If the iphone hype is getting to you let me suggest turning off your tv and staying off the internet for a few days. They hype will die down then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.