why are my sent sms messages going to other people?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Domestic violence, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Member

This has happened a few times in the past few days- ill go to reply to a received sms and other people will respond "I think you got the wrong person" or something to let me know that they received a message not intended for them. The content isn't anything that I really care about, however, its quite annoying.
  2. Domestic violence

Domestic violence Member

Since I didn't include this in my post- does anyone have an idea why or how that's happening? User error, screwed up setting? Any ideas?? Tia
  3. 640k

640k Active Member

user error? are you paying attention to the phone number of the person that you're selecting as you select them from the list??
  4. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I haven't actually sent an sms to the wrong person but i've noticed sometimes I pull up the messaging window and they will all show the same name for the contact. The numbers and photos will be correct just the display name isn't loading properly, so I have to exit and open it again usually clears it up. Its scared me a few times when I thought I was sending stuff to the wrong person.
  5. wsbsteven

wsbsteven New Member

I vote user error also. One time I was trying to call our cable installer asking when he was going to arrive on his job site but I must have moved my selection up on the address book and didn't notice it. I ended up calling our seasonal part time guy that was back in college and was getting frustrated that he didn't know what I was talking about, until he told me who is was....

Edit: Just thought of another one

This was in a game and I was doing something I didn't want do with my wife so instead of telling the others my wife would be upset if she knew I was doing this without her, I told her...
  6. mre5019

mre5019 New Member

issues with my droid

My droid loads other conversations under threads saying it is with the person I want to message but the conversation that is shows is a conversation with someone else under a different thread. Does anyone else have this issues? Or does anyone know why?

My droid also loads different widgets when I click on messages but does not open the messenger widget. Does anyone know why, or has anyone else have this problem? And just when you think thats the only other problem, I have also experience no 3g service at times. Thanks for the help guys.
  7. dro

dro New Member

I had the messed up name/contact picture on a conversation a long time ago. It was just a glitch, wasn't sending message to the wrong people or anything. I double and triple check every message that may possibly contain something that I may not want one of my contacts to know, it's a safe practice. On a side note, I have not had any issues since switching to a 2.1 rom.
  8. mre5019

mre5019 New Member

Has your phone ever continually loaded a different widget then you clicked on? And how did you update to 2.1 rom? I just got my phone this week
  9. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

This happened to me one time (that I know of). Using Handcent btw...

I had sent a message to 'shawn' and it went to my girlfriends phone who was with me. On her phone it clearly was from me, yet on my phone I had a chat with her up and there was no message... and in my chat with 'shawn' there was the message that was sent to my girl. I have no idea why man...
  10. bone23

bone23 New Member

im so glad i read this. its been happening to me more and more over the last month and verizon keeps saying reset the phone. been there done that and still happens. unfortunately for me some of the texts i sent were meant for my girlfriend and definitely contained stuff the receiver wasnt meant to see. im getting fed up w it.

And for those sayin its a user error. i too thought that but believe me when it happens 20 times a day and im being overly cautious its def not me lol. im starting to wonder if my gmail contacts sync is getting messed up or something?

Basically ill send something to my gf and her pic and number are there....ill exit out come back and its her pic w a diff number underneath. its not just sending to her thats messed up either. its random everytime
  11. pudah

pudah New Member

Since adding DroidMod ROM I have this issue as well. I'll open messaging and see the thread from one contact then the thread above it shows from the same contact even though it's from someone else. When I open it it shows all of the messages from the correct contact, but the wrong contact's name. If I let it sit a while it will eventually change to the correct contact's phone number and then the correct contact's name. Strange.
  12. karypunx

karypunx New Member

Hey, this happened to me twice in the last two weeks. Yesterday I sent a message to my boyfriend and it went to his sister. IT IS annoying! Has anyone experience the same problem lately? I'm running on 2.2.
  13. Diggs59

Diggs59 New Member

This has happened to me twice today. I have received 2 text messages that were between two other people. Basically, I could read what they were texting to each other. When I asked them if they accidentally had me as a recipient they both told me no. This is scary.
Search tags for this page

getting other peoples text messages

im getting other peoples text messages
my texts are going to another phone

other people getting my text messages

receiving other peoples text messages

why am i getting other peoples text messages

why am i receiving other peoples text messages

why am i receiving other peoples texts
why are my text going to another phone

why are my text messages going to another phone

why are my texts going to another phone