Why are all my photos gone?!?!

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by galoot, Feb 13, 2012.

1. acousticshade

acousticshade Active Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Try hooking up your phone to a computer and checking all your folders. It's possible that the phone started putting photos in a different directory (stray electron, bad app, etc) and the stock gallery doesn't recognize it for some reason. I did a battery pull on mine a few weeks ago and it started saving the photos in a dcim directory on the sim card instead of the internal memory (or maybe vice versa). Scared me for a minute because I had several gig of photos for my job stored.

2. spammy1983

spammy1983 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried rebooting, removing the sd card, installing QuickPics...nothing....im thinking its the phone, unless someone can show me something different to do to get them back

3. gerrya

gerrya Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Today for the first time I was taking pictures and they were not showing up in the gallery, but we're showing up in Astro file manager?

4. Taco

Taco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To set the new gallery as default, go into settings -> applications and find the gallery app. Open it and scroll down to the launch by default section. Press the clear defaults button. Now open a file explorer like astro and use it to open a photo. When you do it should prompt you to choose which app you want to open it with. Tap the save as default box below and select your new gallery.

And as far as the galleries "storing photos", neither will store them, they just find the photos on the phone so you can view them.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!

Search tags for this page
all my photos are gone android

all my photos disappeared from my android

all my pictures are gone android

all my pictures are gone from my droid

android photos disappeared
android pictures gone
my photos disappeared from my droid
my pictures disappeared

my pictures on my android disappeared

pictures gone from android