Why are all my photos gone?!?!

galoot

Reaction score
Hey all, my photos are disappearing out of my gallery. Any idea what's going on?

Sent from my Rezound using tapatalk.

OP
G

galoot

Reaction score
This has happened three times now. Wtf!

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Have you backed them up with a backup app like MyBackup? Tried restoring them?

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
happened to me a few times, reboot fixed it.

i now use a fantastic gallery app called QuickPics. Hasn't happened once and this app is way faster than the stock gallery app was on my droidx or my rezound.

OP
G

galoot

Reaction score
No backup application... Maybe time for a new gallery app.

What's crazy is pictures are gone from just yesterday.

What type of reboot should i do?

Last edited:
OP
G

galoot

Reaction score
Ok downloaded quickpic.... And low and behold all my missing pics showed up.

So how do I make it the default gallery? Or will both always store photos? Or is the stock gallery and quickpic solely a means to display the pics and videos stored on the sd card?

t35rk

Reaction score
I lost pics on my Incredible. Couldn't find them anywhere. I had been using Launcher Pro which started giving me trouble. I deleted Launcher Pro, returned to Sense, and my pics came back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i don't know how to replace the stock gallery app. i just put a shortcut to quickpics on my main screen in place of the shortcut to the gallery i always kept there, since i access it ofetn.

what that doesn't change is that when i select the gallery shortcut from within the stock camera app, it will use the stock gallery app. not sure how to change that. if someone could point that out it would be fantastic.

to your last question, i don't think the gallery or quickpics store any photos, as you said they are just an interface from which to display what is saved on your phone.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Just delete the gallery icon and use the quickpic icon instead

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost pics on my Incredible. Couldn't find them anywhere. I had been using Launcher Pro which started giving me trouble. I deleted Launcher Pro, returned to Sense, and my pics came back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Mine did it as well after Gingerbread pushed. One mine they're there, next gone, later in the day they'd be back. Mine did it oldest to newest in chunks, not all at once.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

linbmcd

Reaction score
Mine go missing too!

For the last month or so, some of my albums periodically disappear from my Rezound as well. Usually I can regain them by restarting the phone, but sadly, not today. I'm wondering if somehow G+ is the culprit. However, when I checked out my images on G+ online, many of the photos that were missing were there, but not all of them. Any ideas what's going on here?

acousticshade

Reaction score
Try hooking up your phone to a computer and checking all your folders. It's possible that the phone started putting photos in a different directory (stray electron, bad app, etc) and the stock gallery doesn't recognize it for some reason. I did a battery pull on mine a few weeks ago and it started saving the photos in a dcim directory on the sim card instead of the internal memory (or maybe vice versa). Scared me for a minute because I had several gig of photos for my job stored.

spammy1983

Reaction score
happened to me a few times, reboot fixed it.

i now use a fantastic gallery app called QuickPics. Hasn't happened once and this app is way faster than the stock gallery app was on my droidx or my rezound.

I tried rebooting, removing the sd card, installing QuickPics...nothing....im thinking its the phone, unless someone can show me something different to do to get them back

gerrya

Reaction score
Today for the first time I was taking pictures and they were not showing up in the gallery, but we're showing up in Astro file manager?