Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here!

solar

Reaction score
It also doesn't seem to be accuratly showing comments that have been added to peoples post in the feed area. I check bloo and it shows no comments on something, even something I just posted on, but if I check the facebook app, or login through the webit shows the comments, it occures on older posts as well. I tried the refresh to no avail. Any thoughts?

This is happening to a lot of people, myself included. I uninstalled it and went back to using the stock FB app.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback!

solar

Reaction score
Well, at least it seems to be good for alerts. The stock one only appears to do alerts for message and friend requests.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
On Bloo I am getting notifications for the same thing every 2 mins maybe 5 times. This happens to me a lot so I just leave the notification sit. Is there a fix anyone knows? Also sometimes pics dont load. Could be a facebook issue. Other than that I love the app.

This is a known bug for done people that the dev is working on. It is stated in the blog about bloo that I just posted a link to above your question.

I'm going to give this app a try. Thanks for starting the thread and posting all that info. One question, when I look at my app permssion on facebook through the computer, I don't see bloo in there, is it suppose to show up with all the other apps?

You'll have bloo under your app info after you've got it authorized. Once you've generated your code and set up that part, bloo should be listed under "authorized apps".

It also doesn't seem to be accuratly showing comments that have been added to peoples post in the feed area. I check bloo and it shows no comments on something, even something I just posted on, but if I check the facebook app, or login through the webit shows the comments, it occures on older posts as well. I tried the refresh to no avail. Any thoughts?

This is happening to a lot of people, myself included. I uninstalled it and went back to using the stock FB app.

Gotcha, thanks for the feedback!

In case you haven't checked/don't check the dev's site, he explains that fb has made some changes that caused the issue with comments. Also, he provides a link to enable chat via bloo. Use the link, and you'll be able to start chatting as soon as version 1.5 is out! (He's still working on fixing some bugs apparently.)

Bloo 1.5 Progress Update – Get ready for Chat. Bloo – The Android Facebook App

dnkoutso

Reaction score
Guys I am the developer of Bloo I fixed the repetitive notification problem and released an update just now.

I am working on finishing chat.

Thanks for comments and everything!

p.s First post :)

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Guys I am the developer of Bloo I fixed the repetitive notification problem and released an update just now.

Just updated! Profile pics are loading MUCH faster, but all notifications are attempting to retrieve photo info and (of course) failing...

UPDATE: Fixed already! Thanks!

Last edited:

dnkoutso

Reaction score
Yeap caught that! I should do a bit better testing when I make changes...:)

How about repetitive notifications?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeap caught that! I should do a bit better testing when I make changes...:)

How about repetitive notifications?

So far, so good, but I never really had much of an issue with repetitive notifications anyway. If/when I DID get them, it wasn't often enough to bother me, though I know some people were bombarded by them!

As I stated in the PM I sent you, I'd be more than happy to help you test! Feel free to contact me at the email address I included and/or via Gtalk.

Just as I started this thread and have been trying to explain Facebook API and other things and guide people along with bloo, I'd be happy to do some testing/feedback for you to help you out! I know from your blog that you're working insane hours!

dnkoutso

Reaction score
Johnny, thanks for the time and help. I think I can use a bit of testing help contact me at dnkoutso at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Johnny, thanks for the time and help. I think I can use a bit of testing help contact me at dnkoutso at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

Email sent! As someone who's accused of being on Facebook 24/7, I'm confident that I can put updates through a thorough test and offer feedback for you!

As I've stated at least a few times in this thread, I really like the app and am happy to do whatever I can to help!

Technoman

Reaction score

I didn't get any update notification.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks

I didn't get any update notification.

Go to the market. Press menu. Press downloads. Available updates are shown there. Imo, the updates available notification is pretty worthless. I just manually check periodically.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloo just got 10x better
now if only we could have a refresh button in the "Notifications"

-=Jason=-

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Bloo just got 10x better
now if only we could have a refresh button in the "Notifications"

-=Jason=-

I thought they refreshed automatically, but maybe that's just because if i get a new one while responding to a previous one and press back, the new one is there...

I'm looking forward to seeing chat on my own Droid!

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
*sigh* if only facebook didn't annoy me so much...Looks great though I remember enjoying using Bloo when I first got my droid!!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
*sigh* if only facebook didn't annoy me so much...Looks great though I remember enjoying using Bloo when I first got my droid!!

I used bloo as my excuse to remove all other stupid games and stuff. I periodically block new annoyances, so all facebook is for me is statuses and pictures and keeping in touch with friends and family. :D