Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here!

mtbhk44

Reaction score
What is wrong with me - where do I get the confirmation code from????

Nowherefast

Reaction score
I downloaded this app to my Eris and it doesn't seem to be working at all or for the moment...The only thing I can see are my pictures....

When I click to see my own profile or any of my friends profile's, I get the following error mesage:

Feed Unavailable - There are no posts in this feed or your are not friends with that person, please try again later.

any thoughts...

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Johnny, whas the difference between the Native app and the Free version?

It tells you in the market if you click on the paid version. Paid version is obsolete. He's sticking with the free beta for now. That's all I've used. According to comments I read, beta tended to have "better features," but that's because he was using the free version to test things and making sure they worked and were stable before putting them in the paid version. Must've decided that wasn't the best idea.

(I really AM going to bed soon...Haha)

I was reading your whole talk about Bloo and the whole time thinking "I'm not going to pay for Facebook!"

I didn't realize the pay-for version of Bloo was depreciated and that there was a free beta available.

Guess I'll try it out. So far it seems to be getting stuck loading a number of my things but I'll be patient and try it for a few days.

zach471

Reaction score
It's funny, because I wasn't getting ANY notifications through bloo. And it seems like the developer has given up on the app, as it has been a while since there have been any updates. Maybe it is time to check it out again. Keep in mind that you can also change app settings and permissions on your desktop Facebook.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is there a setting somewhere that I've missed which will show these updates as well?

Currently, there's no function for fan pages that I've seen. I'm guessing this is another one of those lovely Facebook API issues. Apparently, Facebook is seald up like a dolphin's butt...water-tight. Haha

I just wish they would change the notification icon to something more savvy than the white sign. Looks tacky going along with the rest of my things

I think that was done to match the actual Facebook site when that was the icon in the bottom right. Maybe he'll tweak it now that Facebook looks different...I don't know that for sure.

I hope unchecking all of them solves my problem.

That should take care of the problem. I periodically delete all of that crap, because I don't really care about it. :D

What ever happened to Myspace?

I agree...I miss being able to "Pimp my page." I used to call Facebook "Myspace for people with no creativity" lol But more people that I know use FB, so I'm there too.

What is wrong with me - where do I get the confirmation code from????

The app should take you to the browser for this step if you're referring to the code to initially set bloo up. As well, it will take you there to allow permissions. I've allowed all permissions. If there's something keeping this from happening, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Feed Unavailable - There are no posts in this feed or your are not friends with that person, please try again later.

I can't find the exact spot on his website right now, but the dev has mentioned that there are occasionally errors with the Facebook API that mess up the ability to see some things at times. I'd definitely give it some time. Like I said, I've been using it for quite a while, and I think that maybe the Facebook system has figured out that this is the way I choose to use it...Or I'm just lucky. Can't say for sure. If all else fails, I might try to reinstall it. I've had that error a few times, but it seems like I've tried again later and it worked.

I was reading your whole talk about Bloo and the whole time thinking "I'm not going to pay for Facebook!"

Guess I'll try it out. So far it seems to be getting stuck loading a number of my things but I'll be patient and try it for a few days.

Patience definitely is a virtue. Haha! Remember, the app is still in beta. There ARE going to be issues, but I haven't had enough to make me stop using it...As I said earlier, it works great for simple communication with friends and viewing pictures and things.

what rom are you using that makes your notification bar like that?

Lol. The rom I'm using is Pete's Bugless Beast .5 (you can Google it for a link. If it takes you to Alldroid, you're in the right place). It doesn't make the notification bar look like that though. I have Pete's mod of AdamZ's smoked glass theme applied as well. You can get that on the same post as BB .5.

jcardona1

Reaction score
yeah Bloo is pretty good. i'm surprised more people dont know about this app. its light years ahead of the stock crap that comes on the phone

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It's funny, because I wasn't getting ANY notifications through bloo. And it seems like the developer has given up on the app, as it has been a while since there have been any updates. Maybe it is time to check it out again. Keep in mind that you can also change app settings and permissions on your desktop Facebook.

With previous versions, you had to periodically start bloo up, or notifications didn't come through ALL of the time. That supposedly was fixed in the new update. From the changelog: "Notification service starts on reboot" I know I used to have to open bloo when I rebooted my phone to get notifications right away, so this is nice. There IS still a change that the OS will periodically "kill" bloo to free-up space, but it seems like I check it often enough that I get my notifications all day.

I felt the same about the dev "abandoning" the app, eve though it worked for me. I was content with what I had and found a way to deal with issues like notifications about pics not taking you to those pics (also fixed in the new update), but I randomly went to the market last night and saw that there was an update available.

Also from the dev's site: "Yes, I am still alive. I work approximately 12 hours a day without a STOP (including sometimes Saturdays). I found sometime to update Bloo." It appears that he's kind of a busy man, so we won't see updates every day or week like with some apps, but we ARE and WILL be getting updates!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
yeah Bloo is pretty good. i'm surprised more people dont know about this app. its light years ahead of the stock crap that comes on the phone

Agreed. :D

I'm not, by any means, saying that bloo is the best Facebook app ever in the history of Facebook apps. All I'm saying is that it's a damn good start considering that the official app is trash and Facebook is stingy as can be with giving out the permissions that devs need to make us an all-inclusive, fully functional app.

The thing that I like about bloo when it comes to this is that it will show you posts/notifications/etc from stuff that it can't access. Yes, it sucks that you can't get to those things from bloo, but at least you know that those things are there. If you care enough about them, you can get to them from some other way.

As mentioned in my original posts, the stock app didn't even show the horoscope that I mentioned. Sure, they're lame and only really good for a laugh here and there, but since they show in bloo's thread, you can at least comment them. The official app thinks a LOT of stuff doesn't exist...and it seems to me that THEY'D have the best access ever to the Facebook API...

Last edited:

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I still can't get the start up 6 digit code. I click on "get a code" and it brings me to Facebook in the browser but no code. What am I missing here?

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There should be a link on the Facebook page in the browser to "generate code" I think it's a blue button. Click that, it'll give you a code. Copy UT using your browser's select text option, or write it down. Return to bloo and enter it...

zach471

Reaction score
I'm uninstalling again. I just cannot seem to get a single notification with the app.