Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here!

validoption

Reaction score
Re: Why an app for Facebook instead of browser? Looking for a GOOD FB app? Look here

There's a fix for this on the development site fbandroid.WordPress.com I believe. Just read through the posts there and you'll find links that solve these permissions problems. I had the same issues and that cleared them up (I'm friends with myself again :) )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There's a fix for this on the development site fbandroid.WordPress.com I believe. Just read through the posts there and you'll find links that solve these permissions problems. I had the same issues and that cleared them up (I'm friends with myself again :) )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I posted a link a few posts back. Thought I explained that that's how to fix it. Maybe I forgot though. The dev also states he's working on a work around to fix it further.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Jonny,
THANKS for the info. I guess I'll have to try Bloo again. BTW, your posts are NOT too long. If someone dozes off while reading 3-4 sentences, they have attention span issues that need to be... oh look... a squirrel. Zzzzzzzzz...

Last edited:
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Jonny,
THANKS for the info. I guess I'll have to try Bloo again. BTW, your posts are NOT too long. If someone does off while reading 3-4 sentences, they have attention span issues that need to be... oh look... a squirrel. Zzzzzzzzz...

Haha! Not a problem. I figure that poster just had a bad experience with bloo and decided to take it out on me.

Also, I'm sure the fact that I keep talking trash on Facebook and their horrible API that's always changing and causing problems for devs and, as a result, us users hurts his feelings, because he seems to be a Facebook fanboy.

CharlieJ

Reaction score
Haha! Not a problem. I figure that poster just had a bad experience with bloo and decided to take it out on me.

Also, I'm sure the fact that I keep talking trash on Facebook and their horrible API that's always changing and causing problems for devs and, as a result, us users hurts his feelings, because he seems to be a Facebook fanboy.

Hey, I'm a Facebook fanboy, too... but I realize their API must be less than perfect... because everytime they make a change the FB app on my phone quits working. And from my experience with social networking and other apps, the Facebook app is pretty much the only one that regularly quits working for a day or three... then miraculously starts working again.

As for Bloo... I just downloaded it again. Will try it and see what happens. THANKS for updating everyone and keeping an open line to the dev.

Dang, I'm guessing the other guy is fast asleep by now... nite-nite... ;-)

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To be honest, I hate the entire setup of Facebook. However, it's the most popular, so it's the easiest way to keep in touch. Everyone from my 14-year old nephew to my parents who're both semi-retired are on it, so I can keep in contact with the whole family in one spot living 1000 miles away.

With that said, I'm accused of being on Facebook 24/7 thanks to bloo, so I'm not sure why some people are having such problems with the app. Last night after work, I posted a new status. I then got a notification of a comment on it, and when I went to the post to comment back, I had posted the status 1 minute ago. My notification timer is set to 2 minutes, so obviously the all's notifications work...

crackedvenom

Reaction score
had this before and uninstalled it. i think i had some of the problems others were having. ima try it once more

edit: seems to be working a lot better than last time. just tried uploading a video. will see if that works
didnt upload my minute and a half video, but did with 40 seconds. think i might stick with this.

cant view my profile or anyone elses. where is the fix at? i believe i saw one like 10 pages back

Last edited:
OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I know some subscribed to this thread have ill feelings towards bloo, but this post is directed at those who don't. Due to his work schedule, Dimitris is considering a few options. Among them, stopping bloo completely. If you'd like to see the app continue, even as an open source project that others can improve upon, please join the Facebook group below to petition to save bloo.

Save Bloo! | Facebook

As a special bonus, head to the discussion board there. Dimitris gave me permission to leak my test version INCLUDING chat. I will offer support for the new feature here and in that discussion.

Thank you!

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
had this before and uninstalled it. i think i had some of the problems others were having. ima try it once more

edit: seems to be working a lot better than last time. just tried uploading a video. will see if that works
didnt upload my minute and a half video, but did with 40 seconds. think i might stick with this.

cant view my profile or anyone elses. where is the fix at? i believe i saw one like 10 pages back

Go to HTTP://WWW.fbandroid.WordPress.com for the fix. You'll need to scroll to the proper blog entry. I believe it's around the 3rd one down. EDIT: 2nd one down.